PDA

View Full Version : What is this Norma lens board for?

Darin Boville
6-Jan-2016, 22:28
I have a Sinar Norma board with an odd attachment. It is a plastic ring which converts it to a Copal 3, I think. But what I don't understand it converts it from what? The plastic ring can be taken off and you are left with some sort of bayonet mount.

Is this anything special? Auto shutter attachment?

--Darin

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
7-Jan-2016, 09:32
The lens board is from the older version of the DB mount for the original (Norma) version Sinar shutter. These had a cable that changed the aperture manually, rather than it being set by the shutter.

Usually they have a bit of a stand off, to allow the rear element to clear the shutter, but it may be that someone adapted this one to work with a regular no. 3 shutter rather than the Sinar shutter.

Tin Can
7-Jan-2016, 09:42
Look in the 'Show off your LF camera " thread. There's a Norma with that board recently posted.

Darin Boville
7-Jan-2016, 09:50
Ahhh. great. I thought it was something like that. I plan to put it up for sale. Does it have any special value beyond being a Norma board?

--Darin

Tin Can
7-Jan-2016, 09:56
Ahhh. great. I thought it was something like that. I plan to put it up for sale. Does it have any special value beyond being a Norma board?

--Darin

not to me

Daniel Unkefer
9-Jan-2016, 09:03
Since it is "black crackle" paint I would say it is an early (auto shutter board) for the F, C, or P, with the mechanisms removed (or never attached).
Norma boards were green. Advantages of this one? The shutter is mounted a bit "forward" might be easier to operate with thick gloves on.