PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlust 4x5 Lens Fasten

Lobalobo
6-Jan-2016, 07:53
Just received a Wanderlust 4x5 camera and I'm pleased with the design with one exception: it's difficult to fasten the Angulon 90mm lens so that it doesn't shift around when handling. I have an adjustable lens wrench, but when sized to match the small Angulon, the arms of the wrench are too broad to fit into the camera opening. I tried a screwdriver, but can't get sufficient grip. Has anyone else run into this problem? Solutions? And apologies in advance for starting a new thread, but the existing thread on the Wanderlust was so long and multi-topic, I couldn't wade through it. Thanks.

Drew Bedo
6-Jan-2016, 08:48
Dave: Ttry reversing the mounting ring. Hold the ring in the hole and screw the shutter into it.

vinny
6-Jan-2016, 09:22
get an adjustable spanner wrench like this:http://www.amazon.com/TOMTOP-Professional-Spanner-Opening-10-120mm/dp/B00SCIMU32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452097542&sr=8-1&keywords=Adjustable+Spanner+Wrench+for+camera+lenses

Jon Shiu
6-Jan-2016, 09:23
No wrench is needed. Just put your finger on the lockring and turn the shutter to tighten. I think they have that in the instructions.

Jon

Lobalobo
6-Jan-2016, 17:38
get an adjustable spanner wrench like this:http://www.amazon.com/TOMTOP-Professional-Spanner-Opening-10-120mm/dp/B00SCIMU32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452097542&sr=8-1&keywords=Adjustable+Spanner+Wrench+for+camera+lenses

Thanks for responding. But as I mentioned in my original post, I have an adjustable spanner wrench (the very one you recommend), but when sized to fit the lens the wrench does not go deep enough into the camera to reach the lens.

Lobalobo
6-Jan-2016, 17:39
No wrench is needed. Just put your finger on the lockring and turn the shutter to tighten. I think they have that in the instructions.

Jon

Thanks for responding. But that's of course the first thing I tried, because it is what the instructions recommend. Doesn't hold tight enough.

Lobalobo
6-Jan-2016, 17:40
Dave: Ttry reversing the mounting ring. Hold the ring in the hole and screw the shutter into it.

Great suggestion. I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

Drew Bedo
6-Jan-2016, 20:00
While not applicable to this specific problem, in the past I have used a pair of scissors as a deep and narrow lens spanner. This can be made to work, but is only an expedient and I don't really recommend it.

Lobalobo
7-Jan-2016, 20:40
While not applicable to this specific problem, in the past I have used a pair of scissors as a deep and narrow lens spanner. This can be made to work, but is only an expedient and I don't really recommend it.

Once I reversed the locking ring everything improved. The concavity of the ring centered the lens and then, given the elevation of the wring, scissors were able easily to grip where the spanner could not fit. All good now. Thanks to all and I look forward to shooting with the camera.