PDA

View Full Version : Prontor Professional shutter - how to keep it open

Aender Brepsom
6-Mar-2005, 11:37
Hello,

how do you keep a Prontor Professional shutter open while focussing?
The only way I could find during my first experimenting with such a shutter on a Rodenstock lens was to use a cable release in the white marked cable holder and to use the cable lock to keep the shutter open.

I sure do miss the ordinary way to achieve this.
Could someone please help me?

Thank you very much!

Bob Salomon
6-Mar-2005, 12:32
The Prontor Professional Remote Controller cable with the white tip screws into the cable release socket with the white ring on the shutter. Then the controller sets the shutter to one of 3 positions: Fully open, open to taking aperture, closed for exposing.

If you don't have the controller - which is no longer manufactured - then you can only keep it open the way you are.

Pete Roody
6-Mar-2005, 15:07
You can also set the shutter to bulb 'B' and use the lock feature on your cable.

Bob Salomon
6-Mar-2005, 15:19
"You can also set the shutter to bulb 'B' and use the lock feature on your cable"

But then you use the other cable release socket on the shutter.

Aender Brepsom
7-Mar-2005, 13:52
Thank you very much for your helpful answers, Bob and Peter!

Cheers

QT Luong
7-Mar-2005, 14:27
Aender, I just operated like you did. As Bob said, there is an intermediate position which is actually useful, so you need to have a cable release with an appropriate lock to take advantage of that.

Kirk Gittings
7-Mar-2005, 23:52
I have Prontors on all my lenses. Since they are not being sold in the US anymore who is good at working on them?

Bob Salomon
8-Mar-2005, 02:57
"Since they are not being sold in the US anymore"

They are not being sold anywhere anymore. They are out of production for several years.