PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika and acessories

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 12:33
Hi
I came across this camera in case while cleaning out some cold storage. I believe that the previous owner used this equipment for macrophotography and microscopy as a biology professor. I thought this forum would appreciate the lens filters, brochures, and probably rare macrophotography equipment. Any information on individual parts would be greatly appreciated.

imgur.com/mZXiN

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 12:35
Here are pictures of the brochures143688143689143690

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 12:37

Here is a shot of everything. More pictures can be found at this link http://i.imgur.com/NGMPY0Y.jpg

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 12:40
No prices!!!

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 12:45
Hi Bob
I'm a little confused as I didn't ask for any valuation of this equipment. I was just sharing what I thought may be a unique find due to its good condition and documentation. I also know very little about these cameras and equipment and thought this forum was the best place to learn about it. Did I break a forum rule by posting too many images or too general of a question?

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 13:32
Hi Bob
I'm a little confused as I didn't ask for any valuation of this equipment. I was just sharing what I thought may be a unique find due to its good condition and documentation. I also know very little about these cameras and equipment and thought this forum was the best place to learn about it. Did I break a forum rule by posting too many images or too general of a question?
You phrased it as if you were selling it. You have a Linhof Super Technika IV, a Linhof Anatomical Grip, an old version of the Multifocus Finder, two Linhof Lens Hoods with lots of 70mm Linhof drop-in filters for the hoods, various film backs and a Linhof Macro Focus Tube with Compur 0 shutter and a Zeiss Luminar macro lens mounted on it. You also have a Linhof lens board with a shutter mounted to it but without its lens. You have a Voigtlander 150mm Apo Lanther mounted on the camera, a Schneider 8x loupe. The small rubber tapered piece is part of the camera and belongs on the eyepiece of the camera's rangefinder. Also, mounted on the camera's front standard is a Linhof Sprts Finder and the eyepiece for it is the gray and black plastic piece standing on the table top. What else do you want to know?

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 14:17
What would the manufacturing year range be for this equipment?

What would the lens filters have be used for with macro photography?

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 14:24
What would the manufacturing year range be for this equipment?

What would the lens filters have be used for with macro photography?

I need the serial number that is on the accessory shoe on top of the camera to tell you when it was made. The filters were not made for macro. Neither were the hoods that they mount to. One of those hoods will slip onto the lens in the camera. The filters will then fit that hood.

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 14:29
Serial number is 77017.
This camera has probably not been open for 30+ years, is there anything I can do or any solution I can apply to make sure the bellow does not break as I open it?

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 15:01
Serial number is 77017.
This camera has probably not been open for 30+ years, is there anything I can do or any solution I can apply to make sure the bellow does not break as I open it?

That is a 1962 camera. I don't know of anything that you can apply. The bellows are either still good or the aren't. You can remove the ground glass frame or the entire back and look into the inside of the camera from the back. But I don't think that will tell you anything unless the bellows deteriorated to a point where ther are flakes of material inside the camera. You could also take the lens board off to look through the front but that will not show you anymore then looking from the back.

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 15:25
So I think the lensless lens board may have used to attach a microscope adapter. The adapter and the Zeiss macro lens both can screw into the board.143694
Do all lens boards have this inner mount ring or would this be a lens board specifically for microscopy and macro work?
Thanks for your help.

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 15:28
So I think the lensless lens board may have used to attach a microscope adapter. The adapter and the Zeiss macro lens both can screw into the board.143694
Do all lens boards have this inner mount ring or would this be a lens board specifically for microscopy and macro work?
Thanks for your help.
As pictured here that is the Linhof Micro Lens Board for mounting the camera to microscopes that have a standard society tube. The board for macro photography has a tapered tube that the shutter is mounted to so it is easier to control lighting near the lens. The Micro tube is shorter and not tapered as the light comes through the microscope draw tube. Your image of the Zeiss Luminar does show the end of the tapered part of the Macro board.

wormeguy
18-Dec-2015, 15:50
Thanks for the help with identification.
What were the use of these? The second item is thread at the bottom. Both were in the Zeiss Ikon box pictured.

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2015, 16:01
Thanks for the help with identification.
What were the use of these? The second item is thread at the bottom. Both were in the Zeiss Ikon box pictured.

I can't tell from those pictures. It would help if the resolution on the box label was higher as well as whatever is printed on the ring.

Bill_1856
18-Dec-2015, 20:36
Must have belonged to St. Ansel -- nobody else in the world has that many filters.

Jac@stafford.net
1-Jan-2016, 14:37
I am guessing that there are three uncommon filters there: an opaque infrared, a deep red (for IR) and a polarizer. See the dark filters on the right.

The box probably held a lens shade to be used with a bellows.