PDA

View Full Version : ? on price of 8x10 camera

Chris Hansen
24-Feb-1998, 13:42
In a recent posting I asked for help on repairing an 8x10 view camera. My friend would like to sell me the camera for a fair price? So just what would a fair pr ice be? The camera is a "Criterion" 8x10 made by Grundlatch-Manhattan Optical Co . Rochester Ny The lens is a Wollensak Sorry I didn't get the size.It has five wood holders and it is in excellent shape. It needs the bellows repaired and a new ground glass. Any ideas on a fair ballpark price? Thanks Chris

MTHOMPSON_162
11-Mar-1998, 01:30
The rip can be fixed, as Dan stated. As to the ground glass, I would guess $100 and up. I priced a good glass for this same camera to replace the dark, wavy one that is in it and it was $180 installed. I only gave $250 for the camera, lens board and 165 Angulon in Compur dial shutter. I had to do the same thing to the bellows, fix some holes with friction tape. It has limited bellows draw, and the back tilt is also limited, two things I need more of. I hope this is of some he lp.

Peter Hughes
28-Jul-1998, 23:17
I got a ground glass for my 8x10 Deardorff for $8 at a local glass supplier. It s thicker than the glass that came with the camera, but so what? I suggest black silicone bathtub caulk for repairing bellows.