PDA

View Full Version : Photobackpacker.com Sale at cost

Robert Hall
4-Dec-2015, 20:33
Hurry up folks,

Everything on the site is on sale at cost.

Hurry before it's gone!

andreios
5-Dec-2015, 02:07
Thanks! I ordered at least the film holder cases.. I would have bought another set of cases, but it buggered me to pay more to USPS than to Bruce, so I resisted..

richardman
5-Dec-2015, 03:56
Done! Always wanted a P3 pack, now I have no choice.

Huub
5-Dec-2015, 06:05
I felt the same and as my old LowePro needs a replacement i just ordered one with all the nice stuff that comes with it.

Fred L
5-Dec-2015, 06:19
There's only Priority shipping to Canada, wish they had a less expensive option...

Peter De Smidt
5-Dec-2015, 08:01
Thank you, Robert. I picked up some some stuff. I'd have bought more, but I already have two P3 packs. It's great stuff.

Photobackpacker
5-Dec-2015, 08:27
I have added first class mail (domestic US must be 13 ounces or less) and First Class International mail (must be less than 4 pounds.

With the current rate of orders, my same-day shipping won't. :(

Bruce

Eric Biggerstaff
5-Dec-2015, 09:02
Sweet! Just placed a new order for some accessories, thanks Bruce!

Winger
5-Dec-2015, 09:25
Yep, I filled in a few things I should have bought when I got my P3. Best purchase I ever made, I think.

David Karp
5-Dec-2015, 12:40
You folks who don't already have one will be very happy with your purchase! I added some stuff too. Bruce's products are top of the top of the line.

StoneNYC
5-Dec-2015, 12:42
Yep, I filled in a few things I should have bought when I got my P3. Best purchase I ever made, I think.

Yea, I took the plunge at these prices, really should have ordered more cascades for the long haul, I have 3 8x10's, but should have snagged a 4th for more holders or wear and tear. I've got 70 years of LF shooting ahead of me :)

Ah well at least I got a P3 for Christmas!

Kodachrome25
5-Dec-2015, 17:23
Well at that price, I just ordered a second P3, it might fall an inch short at most but would be great for an assistant/wife or backup incase I damage the primary pack.

Jerry Bodine
5-Dec-2015, 17:43
...really should have ordered more cascades for the long haul, I have 3 8x10's, but should have snagged a 4th for more holders...

I wonder if several cascades can be cascaded, hmmm.

drewf64
5-Dec-2015, 17:56
Thanks for the headsup!!
I just ordered more 8x10 film holder cascades, some extra dividers, and four more lens cases.
These will give me tons of flexibility for equipment selection.
So sorry to see the end of the P3 system ... it is superb in all ways!!
Thank you, Bruce !!!
Drew

StoneNYC
5-Dec-2015, 21:58
I wonder if several cascades can be cascaded, hmmm.

He chose the quantity per size for a reason, any more and you hit the ground... Lol

Sirius Glass
5-Dec-2015, 22:25
Woe is me! I already have all the camera backpacks that I need. What am I to do?

Kodachrome25
6-Dec-2015, 00:07
Woe is me! I already have all the camera backpacks that I need. What am I to do?

Order up and sell the inferior ones...:D

Photobackpacker
6-Dec-2015, 11:42
I have received 6 months worth of orders in the past 2 days. Thank you.

I am concerned over the number of people who are ordering the Short Torso Backpacks. These are designed to fit people who will typically be around 5' 0" in height to roughly 5' 8" in height. Torso lengths relate only roughly to height but if you are thinking about ordering one of these packs and are taller than that range - please get a good measurement of your torso length. Visit a mountaineering store - they can do the measurement if a few minutes.

If you order a short torso pack and you are a regular torso person - you will hate it. The curvature of the frame sheet will not conform to your back and the weight will all be on your shoulder straps. I have sent emails to all recent orders for short torso packs to alert them. I really want you to love the pack.

Bruce

Steve Goldstein
6-Dec-2015, 16:26
What Bruce said! I am 5'7" but have a 20-1/2" torso. Get measured if you can.

richardman
6-Dec-2015, 17:33
No worry for me! I'm 5'4" and torso length of 17.5"!

Photobackpacker
7-Dec-2015, 20:14
I spent most of today entering orders. I entered 40 and have another 50+ to enter (not counting the ones that just arrived). I thank all of you - no complaints. I shipped 5 orders. That, however, may lead to complaints.

I am setting a goal of shipping 20 orders per day. At that rate I should catch up by mid-week next week. I wish we could clear these faster but my customer service department (me), my warehouse crew (me), my shipping department (me) and my accounting staff (me) just seem to be dogging it a bit. I will talk to the boss (me) to see if he can get the production supervisor (me) to step it up a bit but he (me) is a curmudgeons old coot (me) so be happy for what you get. :)

Happy holidays.

Bruce (me)

StoneNYC
7-Dec-2015, 20:18
I spent most of today entering orders. I entered 40 and have another 50+ to enter (not counting the ones that just arrived). I thank all of you - no complaints. I shipped 5 orders. That, however, may lead to complaints.

I am setting a goal of shipping 20 orders per day. At that rate I should catch up by mid-week next week. I wish we could clear these faster but my customer service department (me), my warehouse crew (me), my shipping department (me) and my accounting staff (me) just seem to be dogging it a bit. I will talk to the boss (me) to see if he can get the production supervisor (me) to step it up a bit but he (me) is a curmudgeons old coot (me) so be happy for what you get. :)

Happy holidays.

Bruce (me)

You need another clone, 8 of you is obviously not enough.

Take your time, although like everyone else I hope I ordered toward the front of the line ;)

Should have ordered more... But my GAS warning says to hold off, if it's meant to be there will still be stock next week.

Be well, and thanks,

~Stone

Kirk Gittings
7-Dec-2015, 20:50

Happy holidays.

Bruce (me)

Best to you Bruce and your retirement. You always have been a class act. I only wish I needed more PBP gear!
K

metalsmith
7-Dec-2015, 21:07
Hey Bruce, got the first box today, thanks. Always a first rate service, great product, wish I had more stuff to put in a backpack!

8x10 user
8-Dec-2015, 10:27
Dang I wish I saw this before they sold out of regular torso ones.

Anyone want to trade a short one for a long? I'm 6'2".

Kodachrome25
8-Dec-2015, 22:21
Dang I wish I saw this before they sold out of regular torso ones.

Anyone want to trade a short one for a long? I'm 6'2".

Yeah, I am 5'10-1/2" but around 18-19" torso so even though I had a small one order for a spare ( have a regular P3 ), I canceled the order after re-thinking it.

So not to feel left out, I ordered 4 more 4x5 cascades, 2 with shoulder straps.

freecitizen
9-Dec-2015, 08:25
I'm 5'6" and I have one of Bruce's P3 backpacks in the right size for my height. Bruce went to a lot of trouble and was very careful when I bought it that I ordered the absolutely correct size for my frame. I really appreciated that. With my dodgy back ( arthritis ) and a ripped meniscus in one knee ......... I could never get my gear out of the house without his splendid backpack system. He was absolutely right .... having a backpack designed in every respect for my size makes a massive difference. I have tried plenty of " standard " packs over the years but none lightened the load like the P3. Quite simply, the P3 fits " properly " everywhere.

I couldn't resist the quality and value so I ordered a little more from Bruce today .....

Bruce, I reckon you have made a big difference for many photographers .... I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find it really hard to get out in the bush shooting LF without the photobackpacker system.

So Thankyou , and I want to wish you every happiness in your retirement.

Photobackpacker
14-Dec-2015, 11:41
151 orders since the 1st. I will finish shipping the first 62 orders today. This is going to take awhile.

Bruce

diversey
14-Dec-2015, 11:45
I got my package Saturday. It was well packed! Thanks.

8x10 user
14-Dec-2015, 14:22
Three of those orders are for me. I do not know what my future needs will be so I ended up pretty much buying one of everything (and then some).

rbultman
14-Dec-2015, 14:58
What's left?

scheinfluger_77
14-Dec-2015, 17:49
Received my 5x7 holder folders... You know what I mean... Today looks great, thanks.

Photobackpacker
15-Dec-2015, 05:33
What's left?

The web site reflects what is left and what is gone. The multi-lens cases for lenses mounted on 4x4 boards are gone. I have a good supply of the individual lens cases for 4x4 boards. Still in stock on the Cascade film holder cases (getting low on 5x7). The full line of lens cases for lenses on 6x6 boards are available.

All camera cases except the C12135 are available.

No Regular torso backpacks but I still have around 25 of the Short torso backpacks. SLR/DSLR enclosures are in good supply.

Bruce

David Schaller
16-Dec-2015, 20:49
My camera cases came today. Thanks Bruce!
All the best,
Dave

Alan9940
16-Dec-2015, 21:10
I really wish Bruce would sell out of everything...my first order hasn't even arrived yet, and I already placed another order! :) Starting to buy backups to my backups! :D

Alan

Photobackpacker
18-Dec-2015, 17:59
I have notified my host that Photobackpacker.com disappears January 31, 2016. That is just 3 months short of the arrival of the first container of cases in 2006. It has been a great 10 years. Thanks, folks.

Alan9940
18-Dec-2015, 18:26
I have notified my host that Photobackpacker.com disappears January 31, 2016. That is just 3 months short of the arrival of the first container of cases in 2006. It has been a great 10 years. Thanks, folks.

And, thanks, Bruce, for the wonderful products!!

Alan

drewf64
19-Dec-2015, 12:30
Bruce:
I just received my package of accessories from your close out sale.
As usual they look perfect and packaging and shipping were spot on !!
I hope I stocked up on enough gear to cover me for the next 15+ years !!
Thank you again for providing such great service for a GREAT product !!!
Drew

Kirk Gittings
19-Dec-2015, 13:25

Bruce THANK YOU!

metalsmith
19-Dec-2015, 18:11
I am not smart enough to know what I don't know, you have a great product for us dinosaurs, I
Got what I think I need. Thanks for a great run.

Kevin

David Karp
19-Dec-2015, 19:11
Bruce,

I am grateful that you had the foresight and the guts to start your company. Your P3 backpack was a lifesaver for me. An auto accident left me with a herniated L5/S1. The disk is completely blown out. Your backpack makes it possible for me to go out with my LF kit, even the WP Seneca, and enjoy the entire experience. With this sale, I think I have enough stuff for me to continue hiking with my LF gear -- until I can't. I have no doubt that your backpack put that day much farther down the line.

Photobackpacker
19-Dec-2015, 21:21
Bruce,

I am grateful that you had the foresight and the guts to start your company. Your P3 backpack was a lifesaver for me. An auto accident left me with a herniated L5/S1. The disk is completely blown out. Your backpack makes it possible for me to go out with my LF kit, even the WP Seneca, and enjoy the entire experience. With this sale, I think I have enough stuff for me to continue hiking with my LF gear -- until I can't. I have no doubt that your backpack put that day much farther down the line.

David, how great to hear that. Your comment and others like it have been a constant source of encouragement. Thank you.

Photobackpacker
19-Dec-2015, 21:26
After working through the logistics of filling orders and having sufficient time to clear my warehouse by the end of January, 2016 - I need to revise my plan to take down my web site. I will be accepting orders through Friday, January 15. The web site will be closed for business as of January 16.

StoneNYC
20-Dec-2015, 00:46
Screw it, just made another order for more cascades, best film holder design ever.

Michael W
21-Dec-2015, 07:26
My order arrived in Sydney today. I bought a C12135 camera case for my 8x10 Deardorff and it is a good fit. I also appreciate the touch of adding some velcro reinforcing tape to be placed anywhere that knobs etc might cause extra wear on the interior. I also got a LS 1150 6 partitioned lens case that now has three big lenses safely stored inside it. I'm pleased with the product quality as well as how it was packed and the speed of delivery. It's the first time I've bought any of this gear, and like others I think I will take advantage of the good pricing to get some more. Probably a case for a 4x5 camera and some lens cases, just have to decide what size to get.

JWebb
21-Dec-2015, 08:24
Bruce ..Thank you. My order arrived Saturday. Had the original Kelty pack but the new P3 really is sweet and very comfortable.

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful retirement.

John

StoneNYC
21-Dec-2015, 08:57
Never mind, wrong case

Kirk Gittings
21-Dec-2015, 11:57
I'm totally satisfied with my current 4x5 kit content and how it fits in the current PBP backpack but.........though I really don't need more PBP stuff, I did bite the bullet and bought a few things "I might possibly want or need to replace in a worst case scenario" sometime in the next fifteen years...............this gear is just too good to pass up at the original prices much less at these "retirement" prices.

What I did need and bought, was a custom backer board and a camera case divider kit to make my little Lowepro Day BP a better fit for my Sony A7r and a couple of lenses. With a custom backer board one can improve a lot of existing BPs.

StoneNYC
21-Dec-2015, 16:06
I'm totally satisfied with my current 4x5 kit content and how it fits in the current PBP backpack but.........though I really don't need more PBP stuff, I did bite the bullet and bought a few things "I might possibly want or need to replace in a worst case scenario" sometime in the next fifteen years...............this gear is just too good to pass up at the original prices much less at these "retirement" prices.

What I did need and bought, was a custom backer board and a camera case divider kit to make my little Lowepro Day BP a better fit for my Sony A7r and a couple of lenses. With a custom backer board one can improve a lot of existing BPs.

What is the custom backer board exactly? Can you (someone) share a picture example?

Jerry Bodine
21-Dec-2015, 16:20
What is the custom backer board exactly? Can you (someone) share a picture example?

https://www.photobackpacker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=ed3c20b486a0379732058e8e61e80388&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RPT&Category_Code=RPT03

http://www.photobackpacker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=ed3c20b486a0379732058e8e61e80388&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RPT&Product_Code=CusBkrbd&Category_Code=RPT03

Kirk Gittings
21-Dec-2015, 17:33
Custom Backerboard:
http://www.photobackpacker.com/images/backerboard_types.pdf

Paul Metcalf
21-Dec-2015, 17:37
LOL

"PB Base Price: $999,999.00"

mdm
21-Dec-2015, 17:51
Thanks for the fantastic 4x5 cascades, they turned up today quicktime, 2 days ago they were still in chicago. I really love my 5x7 cascades (and 8x10 used for WP) and this was my last chance to replace the grotty old chilly bin holding 4x5s with something sensible.

Kodachrome25
21-Dec-2015, 20:14
With a custom backer board one can improve a lot of existing BPs.

Yep, I thought the same and had two made earlier this year, it really opens up a lot of backpack options.

Photobackpacker
21-Dec-2015, 20:51
LOL

"PB Base Price: $999,999.00"

I can pack packages or I can sew backerboards. Can't do both, unfortunately. :)

Jerry Bodine
21-Dec-2015, 21:08
I can pack packages or I can sew backerboards. Can't do both, unfortunately. :)

I know the feeling. Before I retired I learned how to walk on water (if I knew where the stumps were), but then I was expected to be two places at once. Dang!

Fred L
23-Dec-2015, 21:06
got my last batch of Cascades, probably should have ordered lens cases while I was it....

Sirius Glass
7-Jan-2016, 13:51
Suggestions for how to mount the Detachable Side Pocket?

Photobackpacker
9-Jan-2016, 12:58
Final 6 days. Special LFF coupon code: LFF-SLR. This will give you an SLR Enclosure compatible with your P1, P2 or P3 backpack for $20.00 (plus shipping). Photobackpacker goes dark end of the day January 15, 2016.

Kodachrome25
9-Jan-2016, 14:02
Final 6 days. Special LFF coupon code: LFF-SLR. This will give you an SLR Enclosure compatible with your P1, P2 or P3 backpack for $20.00 (plus shipping). Photobackpacker goes dark end of the day January 15, 2016.

How do I add one onto my existing order?

Sirius Glass
9-Jan-2016, 18:05
How do I add one onto my existing order?

I had ordered two more yesterday, so I put in a new order for one more.

Photobackpacker
9-Jan-2016, 22:09
I cannot make the coupons work for multiple SLR enclosure in a single order. I have simply dropped the price to $20.00 for the slr enclosure and 75 for the short torso pack with slr enclosure. No need to use the coupon codes. Sorry!

Daniel.E
10-Jan-2016, 00:11
I'm so disappointed I missed out on the cascade 4x5 film holder case!! I'll be placing an order soon for lens cases.

Philippe Grunchec
16-Jan-2016, 05:19
My cases arrived today, they are really great!
Many thx, Bruce.

Duck
27-Oct-2016, 14:51
I am sad to hear that Bruce is no longer manufacturing that wonderful cascading 4x5 film case holder. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement (if such thing exists)? Or if there is any chance that the sewing pattern for this case is available for those of us with such skills?

ghostcount
27-Oct-2016, 15:27
I am sad to hear that Bruce is no longer manufacturing that wonderful cascading 4x5 film case holder. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement (if such thing exists)? Or if there is any chance that the sewing pattern for this case is available for those of us with such skills?

Contact Daniel Stone (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?22827-Daniel-Stone) I believe he is working on making a similar system.

Duck
28-Oct-2016, 16:50
Contact Daniel Stone (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?22827-Daniel-Stone) I believe he is working on making a similar system.

Thanks for the lead. I'll check it out.

Sirius Glass
31-Oct-2016, 13:21
I purchased five of the Photobackpacker packs when this thread was first posted. Each one is ready to go at any time. I am glad it made the purchases.

Steve Goldstein
31-Oct-2016, 15:45
Bruce is selling his last few remaining 5x7 and 8x10 Cascade film-holder cases on eBay right now.