PDA

View Full Version : Every image has it's own story

Steve Sherman
3-Dec-2015, 17:41
Bringing back my monthly updates. Each month I'll share some of the more interesting events surrounding some popular images.

Pop up the image and pull a corner down to reveal the story behind the image.

http://www.steve-sherman.com/tech_notes.cfm

Jac@stafford.net
3-Dec-2015, 17:47
Pop up the image and pull a corner down to reveal the story behind the image.

That could be very interesting. Nothing happens for me. Do I have to enable something?

Steve Sherman
3-Dec-2015, 18:24
That could be very interesting. Nothing happens for me. Do I have to enable something?

Maybe it has something to do with your Pop up Blocker needs to be disabled ??? Not sure this link will work if you're not a FaceBook member but give it a try.

https://www.facebook.com/SteveShermanPowerOfProcess7x17/photos/a.460708934107369.1073741829.460691927442403/511307882380807/?type=3&theater

Jac@stafford.net
3-Dec-2015, 18:39
I am on OS X and tried Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with the pop-up blockers off and the image does appear but there is no corner to peel.

Facebook, of which I am a member, did not 'peel'.

When I enable java for browsers, the dialog simply fails, reverting to "NO". I'll figure it out eventually.

Steve Sherman
3-Dec-2015, 18:50
I am on OS X and tried Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with the pop-up blockers off and the image does appear but there is no corner to peel. I'll figure it out eventually.

There is a small thumbnail at the bottom of the page I am referring too, click on that, not the imbedded pix of my two cameras which is at the top of the page. Hope this helps

Kirk Gittings
3-Dec-2015, 19:15
Magnificent image Steve!

480sparky
3-Dec-2015, 19:18
The use of the word 'corner' is confusing. The only thing I could get the corners to do is resize the window.

DennisD
3-Dec-2015, 19:33
Hi Steve,
Beautiful image, wonderful range of tones.
I remember the print from your workshop last year - most remarkable.

Regards,

Dennis

The use of the word 'corner' is confusing. The only thing I could get the corners to do is resize the window.

If people are having trouble viewing, try this direct link:

http://www.steve-sherman.com/tech_notes_display.cfm?id=149

Scroll down (below the image) for the commentary.

TXFZ1
4-Dec-2015, 07:29
Great story and photograph. It still amazes me today what I remember when I look one of my photographs. The people with me, the setup, and even my thoughts at the time.

David

Michael R
4-Dec-2015, 08:24
Hard-won battles for the shot the photographer wanted are always interesting to read about. Planning, perseverance.

koraks
4-Dec-2015, 09:23
That was a very interesting read and a great image; I'm looking forward to updates of this thread!

Steve Sherman
4-Dec-2015, 17:20
Hi Steve,
Beautiful image, wonderful range of tones.
I remember the print from your workshop last year - most remarkable.

Regards,

Dennis

If people are having trouble viewing, try this direct link:

http://www.steve-sherman.com/tech_notes_display.cfm?id=149

Scroll down (below the image) for the commentary.

I have no idea how the direct link was created but am most appreciative !! Hope you are well Dennis.

SS

DennisD
4-Dec-2015, 17:48
I
I have no idea how the direct link was created but am most appreciative !! Hope you are well Dennis.

SS

Hi Steve,

My pleasure !
An image like that needs to be seen, so I figured a direct link would help those having difficulty.
(I simply copied the page address from my browser and placed it in my post)

BTW Steve - I noticed you did not mention the actual development details in your comments.

"I returned home to develop the film and sure enough the first negative suffered from camera shake and was unusable. The development scheme I use is long and tedious... "

Someone is bound to ask you to disclose the magic you invoked to develop that negative...
Unless you want to volunteer !

Best,

DD

Steve Sherman
4-Dec-2015, 18:02
Hi Steve,

My pleasure !
An image like that needs to be seen, so I figured a direct link would help those having difficulty.
(I simply copied the page address from my browser and placed it in my post)

BTW Steve - I noticed you did not mention the actual development details in your comments.

"I returned home to develop the film and sure enough the first negative suffered from camera shake and was unusable. The development scheme I use is long and tedious... "

Someone is going to ask you to disclose the magic you invoked to develop that negative...
Unless you want to volunteer !

Thx Dennis, The negative was developed using an Extreme Minimal Agitation sequence to bring the highlights down 3 zones, or N-3. Procat HD in a vertical tube at a dilution of 4 A - 2.5 B to 825ml water @ 70 degrees for a total time of 27 minutes with 2 intermittent agitation cycles of 15 seconds each

Tin Can
4-Dec-2015, 20:04
Impressive, I read every word, I think. 3 times.

Film type?

RSalles
4-Dec-2015, 20:22
Impressive work, a pleasure to see,

Cheers,

Renato