PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Linhof 4x5 Master Technika Classic Camera Leather Replacement

jianglinxi
25-Nov-2015, 09:42
Hi,

I need to replace my Linhof 4x5 Master Technika Classic camera leather cover. Does anyone know where I can order the leather cover? I can do replacement by myself.

Thank you!

Regards

Bob Salomon
25-Nov-2015, 10:02
Any Linhof service center if you have a Master. If you have a different model the covering is no longer available.
Over the decades since the Master was introduced in the mid 70s there have been changes made to the position of the locking knobs for the adjustable back. They were originally on top of the camera and the bottom sides of the camera. Now they are all on the sides. It is possible that the top panels for the older version are no longer available and, if you have the older one, the replacement side panels will have holes for the current positioning of the knobs and none on the top. So it may not be quite as simple as you may think.

Jac@stafford.net
25-Nov-2015, 11:12
Any Linhof service center if you have a Master. If you have a different model the covering is no longer available. [...]

Pretty depressing, but true. I am another who would like to recover, in my case, a V. CameraLeather.com is apparently gone, Akai (sp?) no longer covers it, and I'm just not competent to do my own. If I were, I would look to someplace like Microtools (http://www.micro-tools.com/store/C-568/Leather-and-Leatherette.aspx) for the raw material, and DIY.

Perhaps this topic will draw the real experts here. I look forward to possibilities.

jianglinxi
29-Nov-2015, 09:25
Thank you! I'll try purchase from microtools and cut by myself.