PDA

View Full Version : A3 scanners Microtek 9800XL, Microtek ScanMaker 1000XL anybody working with ?

Miguel Coquis
22-Nov-2015, 05:59
Hello there, I'm searching some info about A3 scanners and would much appreciate some advise on scanning A3 film negatives on this machines:
-Microtek 9800XL +TMA 1600
-Microtek ScanMaker 1000XL + TMA 6400
Thanks in advance for your help !
MAC

wilderness
23-Nov-2015, 14:50
Perhaps if you provide more details that are specific to any issues you may be having, other will be able to assist you.

Are your issues specific to A3 (8 x 10) negatives?
Are your issues software or hardware related?
Are your issues specific to the TMA (Transfer Media Adapters) (i. e., different lids for used for negatives as opposed to the standard scanning glass)?

FWIW, the lack of response is likely due to your specific combinations of these Microtek scanners and the different types of Transparency Media Adapters.

I've multiple i900 Microteks, which I scanned more than 4k in negatives, however the i900 does not function with a media adapter, rather has offers an upper level for normal scanning and lower level for transparent scanning.

Have you tried search the archives on 'Microtek', 'A3' or TMA (Transparency Media Adapter)?

There are many people here that have scanned A3 negatives and should be able to assist you with answers that are non-Microtek and non-TMA related.

Miguel Coquis
24-Nov-2015, 08:53
I recently purchase a Microtek 9800XL with 1600 TMA at second hand market and it is in the way to my home.
There is no software to run this scan unit but it seems there are calibration targets.
Main use will be scanning 14x17" b&w film negatives knowing that scanner can only support up to 12x16"...
I would like to connect on Mac platform, MacOS 10.8.5 if possible. There is Scan Wizard, Vuescan and perhaps other software (not having any of these yet).
Any suggestion wich software to choose and where to purchase ?
MAC

wilderness
24-Nov-2015, 10:21
You should be able to download drivers (possibly some other software's) from the Microtek website (http://www.microtekusa.com/service.php)

Brian K
25-Nov-2015, 18:52
Silver fast makes software for this scanner.

I recently purchase a Microtek 9800XL with 1600 TMA at second hand market and it is in the way to my home.
There is no software to run this scan unit but it seems there are calibration targets.
Main use will be scanning 14x17" b&w film negatives knowing that scanner can only support up to 12x16"...
I would like to connect on Mac platform, MacOS 10.8.5 if possible. There is Scan Wizard, Vuescan and perhaps other software (not having any of these yet).
Any suggestion wich software to choose and where to purchase ?
MAC