PDA

View Full Version : Any interest for DIY camera building videos?

dieter
20-Nov-2015, 15:57
Hello.

I enjoy buildig large format cameras for wet plate photography. I have also made a video showing the process on how I do it. This is my first video in two parts (part two coming soon). Now I am wondering if there is an interest for more of these videos on other cameras I make? Here is my first video (part 1). In this video I wanted to make an very affordable, yet solid and beautiful camera in birch plywood with walnut details and brass parts. Hope you like it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0KC_3YuVg

Here is a pic of the more "exclusive" cameras I make. Like to see a video on how I make these?

Alan9940
20-Nov-2015, 16:31
Hello dieter,

I'm not interested in wet plate, but I've toyed with building my own 11x14 camera for many years. This would be for regular film, though. Do you build anything like that?

Jim Fitzgerald
20-Nov-2015, 16:45
Awesome! I enjoy building cameras as well but no time to stop and think about video. I need to concentrate on the build. I think this would be very helpful.

dieter
20-Nov-2015, 16:47
Have not done it yet, but I have been thinking on making support for film holders. I mostly do wet plate but also som direct positives and pinhole photos.

dieter
20-Nov-2015, 16:52
Thanks Jim. To be honest. It was a nightmare to do all the footage for this video, but I need to learn to do more effective filming. Checked out your channel as well, good stuff. Subscribed :)