PDA

View Full Version : Negative sleeve pages, Print file alternatives in Europe

victor0910
15-Nov-2015, 14:06
Dear Lf members,

I really love to order some 4x5 and 120 print file negative pages and Safe T-binders. Unfortunately the shipping cost is way to high to justify the order. Im looking in Europe for alternative brands which is as or better then the print file brand. Where do you guys/girls buy the pages?

ps: Im based in the Netherlands

Bob Salomon
15-Nov-2015, 15:19
See what Kaiser has. Also check the Gepe store on line.

Michael E
15-Nov-2015, 15:42
Monochrom.com in Germany offers PrintFile and other brands. They have lots of products for archival storage, high quality presentation as well as photography and inkjet printing materials. They used to offer a wide range of LF cameras, but not so much anymore.

koraks
16-Nov-2015, 02:08
Macodirect.de has everything you need in many versions including affordable products. And the guy from fotofilmfabriek.nl also retails a lot of useful stuff, but last time I ordered there (a couple of months ago) only part of the order was delivered and I git no replies on my emails, but I expect that was just an incident.

jose angel
16-Nov-2015, 04:28
Victor, good question. I have had to order overseas or buying imported Clearfile/Printfile at insane prices. Even there are shops that sell them by units (cost per sheet!!!!).
Similar products? Old fashioned paper files or some even more expensive (!) absurd plastic ones.
The problem is cost: in the US, a 100 sheet package could be around $26 (shipping included to the US), in Europe about 60 euro + shipping (add, say, 20-25 euro more!).

howardpan
17-Nov-2015, 04:55
What about fotoimpex.de from Berlin? They sell Adox and Fotoimpex branded archival clear sleeves. Do people have negative experience with these products?

koraks
17-Nov-2015, 05:03
fotoimpex is also a good suggestion. I generally prefer maco as their offering better fits my needs. As I understand, fotofilmfabriek.nl acts as an intermediate for fotoimpex with a marginal uplift in price, so if you're in the Netherlands, it's worth a thought ordering from them.

apasz
17-Nov-2015, 05:33
I'm using 4x5, 120 and 35mm parchment negative pages from fotoimpex. Cheap and great, they're no branded or branded just fotoimpex.

http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/system/?func=detailcall&wkid=12256376628514&prodid=1&artnr=5637000

Domingo A. Siliceo
21-Nov-2015, 09:20
Javerette Sleeving (http://www.javerette.com/), from the UK, is another good option.

Bernard_L
24-Nov-2015, 04:59
Bought once 35mm pergamin sheets from fotoimpex. Too short horizontally by a couple mm. Convenient to grab the negative, but no so good for protection.

apasz
24-Nov-2015, 08:33
Bought once 35mm pergamin sheets from fotoimpex. Too short horizontally by a couple mm. Convenient to grab the negative, but no so good for protection. Thanks Bernard! So sorry, I forgot about that but 120 and 4x5 are fine.