PDA

View Full Version : A job for Ortho?

John Kasaian
8-Nov-2015, 18:30
I've got a series on country bridges planned with very little, if any, sky.
I'm thinking of using some of the old APHS I have in the freezer.
It's slow (ISO 3) but these bridges aren't known for moving.
What do you think? I need to load up the holders tonight or tomorrow night.

Gary Beasley
8-Nov-2015, 19:02
Anything is worth a try. You would probably want to take a yellow filter with you and try it out. At least a long exposure will make passing traffic invisible.

Kirk Gittings
8-Nov-2015, 19:24
I've got a series on country bridges planned with very little, if any, sky.
I'm thinking of using some of the old APHS I have in the freezer.
It's slow (ISO 3) but these bridges aren't known for moving.
What do you think? I need to load up the holders tonight or tomorrow night.

On the contrary my experience is that all bridges that I have shot move when their is traffic on them. Are you going to be on the bridge shooting or off. If you stand on the bridge and a decent size car or tuck comes by and you feel any deflection then.......

John Kasaian
8-Nov-2015, 20:13
These are small, seldom used wooden country bridges. A couple of them are even closed to traffic so I'm not too worried about passing cars, and the water levels are pretty low right now so there's not much chance of getting much water under the bridges (although it might create a neat effect---a bridge over whipped cream?)
I may give this a try---I should really use up this old film and I'm hoping the Ortho might make the weathered wood and stone "pop" but I don't know for certain. The last time I shot Ortho film was a couple of years ago at Ft. Tejon, but that was Orwo and at the blistering speed of ISO 25.