PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Cable release

Dennis
26-Oct-2015, 09:56
Does anyone know how you go about using this Linhof Cable release attachment?
Thanks
Dennis Purdy

Bob Salomon
26-Oct-2015, 10:13
Yes, best way is to get a Linhof cable release and the Linhof nipple for the release.
Or buy the Linhof cable release that has the threadles tapered tip.

Dennis
26-Oct-2015, 10:19
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31076-REG/Linhof_002431_Heavy_Duty_Cable_Release.html

is this the one?

And if I just take that attachment off, which looks easy, does any cable release work?

Bob Salomon
26-Oct-2015, 10:45
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31076-REG/Linhof_002431_Heavy_Duty_Cable_Release.html

is this the one?

And if I just take that attachment off, which looks easy, does any cable release work?

To use this one properly you would also need the Linhof Cable Release Nipple. Nothing comes off this release shown.

Jac@stafford.net
26-Oct-2015, 11:04

is this the one?

Do not remove the attachment (called the Quicksocket). You can hardly use the 135mm Planar in recessed board without it. See this for some more information on the recommended release tip and a work-around (http://www.johndesq.com/graflex/rapidklemm.htm). There is a tip (part 41066) we can screw onto a cable release apparently available here (http://www.linhofstudio.com/products/Cable-Releases). Scroll down. A picture of the right stuff assembled here (http://www.digoliardi.net/cable-tip-linhof.jpg).

Now, with that said I get alone just fine with a cable release with a thin strip of gafffer tape wrapped once below the knurled part of the tip. But I've got lots of cable releases (http://www.digoliardi.net/cable-releases-1.jpg) and had to go through a few to work it out.

Aside: you have the right board for the 135mm Planar. The Super Technika V folds up with the lens installed, but so close I can't add a lens cap, but don't really need to.

Dennis
26-Oct-2015, 11:14
Thank you for that link. Sorry for my ignorance. I was given these 3 Linhof lenses to sell and I have never used Linhof.

Jac@stafford.net
26-Oct-2015, 12:59
Thank you for that link. Sorry for my ignorance. I was given these 3 Linhof lenses to sell and I have never used Linhof.

If you search the big auction site for sold items, you might be happy with what the 135mm Planar goes for. (We do not give valuations here.) I don't know what the other two lenses are, but I'll guess 75mm Biogon and a 250mm Sonnar - a set some wealthy people could enjoy.

Dennis
26-Oct-2015, 15:17
If you search the big auction site for sold items, you might be happy with what the 135mm Planar goes for. (We do not give valuations here.) I don't know what the other two lenses are, but I'll guess 75mm Biogon and a 250mm Sonnar - a set some wealthy people could enjoy.

Right right and right. Unfortunately the bids were all from China. Already the buyer of the 135 Planar has declined and asked the sale to be canceled. The buyer of the 75 Biogon will cancel unless I can show him the way to get one of the cable release tips. The buyer of the 250 Sonnar has yet to respond after 2 days. Eff'n China. However they are seemingly the only ones with money to spend. I would have liked to put them in here for sale but I am unsure of what to ask and you can't do auctions. I might at least put that beautiful planar in here at the price the Chinese guy won it for.

Dennis

Bob Salomon
26-Oct-2015, 15:19
Right right and right. Unfortunately the bids were all from China. Already the buyer of the 135 Planar has declined and asked the sale to be canceled. The buyer of the 75 Biogon will cancel unless I can show him the way to get one of the cable release tips. The buyer of the 250 Sonnar has yet to respond after 2 days. Eff'n China. However they are seemingly the only ones with money to spend. I would have liked to put them in here for sale but I am unsure of what to ask and you can't do auctions. I might at least put that beautiful planar in here at the price the Chinese guy won it for.

Dennis
The nipples are available from Linhof, most Linhof service centers and from Linhof distributors in any country. Very easy to get them.

Jac@stafford.net
26-Oct-2015, 15:21

Dennis

My best buyers are from China. My auctions state "if you are not in the USA please work through a USA broker", and they do.

Best of luck,
Jac

Jac@stafford.net
26-Oct-2015, 16:27
Right right and right. Unfortunately the bids were all from China. Already the buyer of the 135 Planar has declined and asked the sale to be canceled. The buyer of the 75 Biogon will cancel unless I can show him the way to get one of the cable release tips.

The 75mm Biogon does not require the special tip. Its cable socket is perfectly available to a standard cable release. Same for the Sonnar. I don't pay much attention to buyers who are obnoxiously ignorant and demanding. Move on, and best of luck!

Corran
28-Oct-2015, 06:55
Oh, those were yours. I was watching out of curiosity. Surprised at how much the Sonnar went for considering the condition, and all I can say is WOW on the Biogon. Bought mine for about 1/3rd that. You don't have the rangefinder cam for that do you?

China is where the money is on big rare lenses. I sold a 150mm Xenotar for over $2k to a Chinese buyer. Didn't have any issues. For that big money, just buy one of those special releases on eBay for $25 or so and send it along. I don't think you'll get near that elsewhere.

Jac@stafford.net
28-Oct-2015, 07:30
all I can say is WOW on the Biogon. Bought mine for about 1/3rd that.

How times have changed! I got mine when people thought it was just too big and had inadequate coverage - which is true! 〖But I don't use movements with a Biogon.〗

Corran
28-Oct-2015, 07:39
It's one of those lenses that has "something special" in terms of the way it images, to me anyway. It's excellent for startrail work - now if only I could get the weather to cooperate...

Dennis
28-Oct-2015, 08:16
It has been a few days now and not one of the Chinese buyers paid. I guess it is some sort of game to win bids. I have written and told them I will report them as non payers, doesn't seem like much of a threat but I don't think there is anything else I can do.