PDA

View Full Version : where to get sinar service parts?

koh303
25-Oct-2015, 19:56
I need a gear rack for a P2 camera.
Website and google do not know where.
Any ideas of a direct source before i start making cold calls?

Oren Grad
25-Oct-2015, 20:27
The Sinar website says check first with your national resellers, with these designated for North America:

http://www.sinar.ch/en/category/resellers/north-america/

So one hopes those should be at least lukewarm calls.

Failing that, I'd try Bob Watkins / Precision Camera Works, to see where he gets parts.

fuegocito
25-Oct-2015, 20:49
Hi Omer,

This is where I got mine:

Gus Gulbranson
651-483-8588

info@northwestcamera.com

12720 Lake Blvd
PO box 79
Lindstrom, MN 55045

Tin Can
25-Oct-2015, 20:52
Perhaps SInar does not sell parts to unauthorized dealers.

Kevin J. Kolosky
25-Oct-2015, 21:49
Apogeebee (aka George Brown), Glenview if he is still in business.

B.S.Kumar
26-Oct-2015, 06:08
Also Michael Ulsaker.

Kumar

Luis-F-S
26-Oct-2015, 07:51
Precision Cameras, Niles, IL 847-470-3350

http://precisioncameraworks.com/

L

redshift
26-Oct-2015, 12:14
Precision Cameras, Niles, IL 847-470-3350

http://precisioncameraworks.com/

L

I got my rack from Bob Watkins at Precision! Fast service and good price.

Dan Fromm
26-Oct-2015, 12:19
Try hasselbladbron.com. I've got considerable help, and parts too, from Salomon Rafael (srafael@hasselbladbron.com). Try calling him at 800-456-0203 x222

koh303
26-Oct-2015, 13:10
Without exception, none on this thread answer their phones, tried at several hours of the day.
Called foto care NYC - no parts on hand
Called 2 more places from the Sinar.CH website listed as dealers - none carry parts (and 2 dont carry sinar on hand either).

Called Sinar, they said to send and email and they will respond in a few days with the name of a local vendor who can order the part i need. Sigh.
I need a part, not a mission and do not see how there is not one place in the whole of the US that has spare parts for a sinar. Its not like i was asking about a wista for crying out loud.

Bob Salomon
26-Oct-2015, 14:08
Without exception, none on this thread answer their phones, tried at several hours of the day.
Called foto care NYC - no parts on hand
Called 2 more places from the Sinar.CH website listed as dealers - none carry parts (and 2 dont carry sinar on hand either).

Called Sinar, they said to send and email and they will respond in a few days with the name of a local vendor who can order the part i need. Sigh.
I need a part, not a mission and do not see how there is not one place in the whole of the US that has spare parts for a sinar. Its not like i was asking about a wista for crying out loud.

Sinar is now owned by Leica. Call Leica in NJ and ask them.
Also call Ulsaker again. He was in NYC for the PhotoPLUS Show so he probably did not get your call. Most other dealers were there also.

Tin Can
26-Oct-2015, 17:43
us has failed again :(

koh303
31-Oct-2015, 05:53
After having called each and ever phone number on the Sinar US vendors list, and found almost all of them dumbfounded when asked about service parts for a sinar camera, i called Sinar directly. They asked me to email the office. So i did, and got a fairly swift response:
"...
We have a dealer-network in USA and you will find all contact information on our website: http://www.sinar.ch/en/category/resellers/north-america/

We do recommend to hand over the Sinar camera to one of our partners in US as the exchange of the gear that you require does require adjustment of the gear after replacement of the defective part.

Our partner Foto Care offers repair-service. We do recommend to get in touch with them directly for local support.
..."

Needless to say i did call Fotocare, who like all others, found it hard to understand what i was asking about, and why, and after some hand me downs on the broken telephone game, some person said he "would look into it" and call me back within the hour. I get it, calling back a customer for a two bit part is really not worth the hassle, but he could have just said then and there that he can't help me, for any reason he chose.

In any case i feel quite confident i can replace one gear on one standard, and "adjust" it after the defective part has been replaced.

So, if any of you folks out there have a broken part on your sinar (and that can happen), your straight out of luck in getting service or parts, short of sending your camera in for repair with a serious authorized repair shop like Foto care. :(.

I am sure i can send this bearer to precision or any other qualified shop, but the cost of back and forth shipping, and their charge, which i am sure would be reasonable, would easily be more then the cost of finding a working used replacement, which is what i will most likely do right now.

cdavis324
31-Oct-2015, 06:02
Vinny at Fotocare is who you need to talk to. He does the repairs and keeps parts at his house.

koh303
31-Oct-2015, 06:13
He does the repairs and keeps parts at his house.
Does he work at Fotocare? Why are the parts at his house..??

cdavis324
31-Oct-2015, 06:26
Yeah, he's at Fotocare... Not sure why the parts are at his house, but you can always ask him...

redshift
31-Oct-2015, 07:45
Send an email to Bob at Precision. It may take a while to hear back. I got a rack from him for about $30 total.

Tin Can
31-Oct-2015, 11:22
Does he work at Fotocare? Why are the parts at his house..??

Most likely because he works at his house, aren't you working from your house today?

koh303
31-Oct-2015, 12:49
Most likely because he works at his house, aren't you working from your house today?

No. And i do not keep service parts for a company i am a service station or reseller for at home.

asf
31-Oct-2015, 13:09
You called George Brown in NYC?

You can try Tommy at FotoCare in NYC as well

Precision Camera usually quite easy to deal with too