PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Bellows replacement

Nicolasllasera
21-Oct-2015, 21:26
I have been using a 4x5 Sinar P2 for my own work for some time and have found a 8x10 extension kit that had some stiff bellows. The other day they gave up and "exploded" spliting in halve. Now I need a replacement and was going to contact Rudy from Ebay and Camera bellows in the UK. Do you know if the dimensions are different for the 8x10 backs? I remember reading about the metering back and the standard back, i just dont want to get the wrong size. I will measure mine to give the exact size but wanted to double check here also.

On another matter, I am shooting pretty close up work and need a long bellows, what size would you recommend to get as they will be custom made? 1 meter seems ok for the job, but maybe I could buy longer? Maybe use another frame and use a 4x5 bellows for the first part and not use so much extension on only one set of bellows?

RSalles
22-Oct-2015, 04:38
Nicolas,

I can only address the second part of your doubts: for a very long bellows extension in 4x5 dialect you'll need a intermediate standard (the same front standard which originally comes with the Sinar F1 or F2 camera) and a second normal bellows. This intermediate standard goes between the 2 standards, front and back, holding the both bellows ends, one for the lens standard and the other for the back standard. This setup is more "tricky" then have a long bellows custom made that will sag in the middle due to its own weight. With this setup you'll possibly fit any bellows amount as you want, just adding a new auxiliary standard to connect it.
I don't know what parts are needed to make this work with other film sizes apart 4x5, due to the fact that I had only see 5x7 or 8x10 Sinar bellows with one end fitting the lens standard and board size and the other end 5x7 or 8x10,

WTH,

Renato

Nicolasllasera
23-Oct-2015, 01:15
Thanks for the info RSalles.

I just got the quote from Camera Bellows UK and they are making them for me. Couldnt be happier with the price and time they took to answer. Soon I will post the camera on the show off your LF camera.