PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock Apo Sironar-S 5,6/180 on Horseman VH

Aender Brepsom
22-Feb-2005, 06:56
Hello,

Although there are smaller and probably less expensive alternatives, I just wanted to know if it is possible to use a Rodenstock Apo Sironar-S 5,6/180 on a Horseman VH. If so, which lens board would be required, knowing that the lens is fitted in a Prontor Porfessional 1 shutter?

I am aware of the fact that this lens offers "far too much" coverage for the humble 6x9 VH, but the idea behind this is to have a lens that could be used as well for 4x5 or 5x7.

Thank you for your precious help!

Glenn Kroeger
22-Feb-2005, 07:12
Yes, it will work fine, so long as you don't need super close focusing... should focus to within a few meters. You can improve both the handling and close focusing by getting the slightly raised Copal 1 board (I think it is called the C-1 ring board). This moves the shutter forward a few millimeters and significantly improves the ease of getting your fingers on all the control levers.

Oren Grad
22-Feb-2005, 09:59
Maximum bellows extension for the VH is specified as 249mm, even without using the rear extension or the ring lensboard. The rear extension plus a ring lensboard should add another 30+ mm when needed. That's ample extension for the 180 Apo-Sironar-S, for all but the closest macro work.

Paul Droluk
23-Feb-2005, 12:25
Horseman also makes an extended lensboard offering 25mm of extension. It accepts a #1 shutter. I used it to mount a Nikon 270T ED which now focusses very close.