PDA

View Full Version : RH StopClock Vario: light "integration"/compensation

Michael R
15-Oct-2015, 06:57
Perhaps a dumb question, but I'm wondering if the compensation feature of this unit works even at much shorter exposure times than would be used in printing. Say 1/10 second for example. The reason I ask is I thought it might be of use in a sensitometer build.

Thanks

Bill Burk
15-Oct-2015, 07:48
I don't know, but my Zone VI compensating unit clearly flickers. You could wait for stabilization then shutter the light.

Michael R
15-Oct-2015, 08:21
Well, flicker is definitely a non-starter as far as sensitometry goes. I didn't think it worked that way. I thought the analyzer just monitored light intensity throughout the exposure and continuously adjusted the clock speed (ie a kind of feedback mechanism).

Tony Lakin
15-Oct-2015, 14:36
Perhaps a dumb question, but I'm wondering if the compensation feature of this unit works even at much shorter exposure times than would be used in printing. Say 1/10 second for example. The reason I ask is I thought it might be of use in a sensitometer build.

Thanks

Hi
Try asking on the following website, Richard the designer of the RH designs range is a member and will probably pick up your question and give a definitive answer.

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php

Bill Burk
15-Oct-2015, 15:34
StopClock Vario is a compensating timer, I should have checked... Different concept than the feedback loop stabilizer that I have.