PDA

View Full Version : lensboard adapters for Rittreck cameras

dimento
12-Oct-2015, 11:20
I'm thinking of buying a Rittreckview as a field camera, is there such a thing as a cheap adapter allowing wista boards to be mounted on the Rittreck. My current l/f lens is on a Wista board which are cheap and plentiful.
All adapters I've seen have been $100+

thanks

D

djdister
12-Oct-2015, 14:15
As someone who has had two Rittreckview cameras, I would say I doubt you'll find anything for less than $100, unless it is homemade. One of my Rittreckviews had the front standard completely replaced to take Technika boards (left photo), and the other Rittreckview had a very slick Technika adapter made by SKGrimes (on the right, next to a Rittreckview board). I have since sold both cameras, but they were pretty quick to shoot with, just a bit on the heavy side.

Good luck!

140925 140926

dimento
13-Oct-2015, 01:42
As someone who has had two Rittreckview cameras, I would say I doubt you'll find anything for less than $100, unless it is homemade. One of my Rittreckviews had the front standard completely replaced to take Technika boards (left photo), and the other Rittreckview had a very slick Technika adapter made by SKGrimes (on the right, next to a Rittreckview board). I have since sold both cameras, but they were pretty quick to shoot with, just a bit on the heavy side.

Good luck!

140925 140926

good to know thanks, as the purchase price of ebay examples looks a little less appealing when you factor in lensboard adapters, cheers, D

SMBooth
13-Oct-2015, 16:46
You only need 1 lensboard adapter, there easy to make if you know how to make things, you can buy the side slides on EBay which is good because that's the hardest part.

dimento
14-Oct-2015, 00:22
You only need 1 lensboard adapter, there easy to make if you know how to make things, you can buy the side slides on EBay which is good because that's the hardest part.

perhaps some kind forum member has plans/instructions they could share?

jose angel
14-Oct-2015, 03:54
Some third party adapters are cheaper and much better than the original one. The only issue is that you need to remove them to close the camera, they use to be really thick. Well, another nuisance is that some are made to hold lenses upside down (Linhof type lens boards, I mean), not a major problem for me.
Rittreck` lens boards have a really annoying design to be modified... at the end you have to build something like a whole lensboard adapter stucked to a Rittreck type one. I built some homemade adapters to use with Linhof type boards, but at the end, all were time (and money) lost.
Be realistic. My advice is to save your time and buy right from start; for around $100 (new) you`ll be much happier with a chinese adapter than with any other solution.

SMBooth
14-Oct-2015, 15:11
perhaps some kind forum member has plans/instructions they could share?

You have the plans in your own photo. Just copy it.
A piece of flat aluminum that fit (115 mm square, 2mm thick), drill/cut a big hole in the centre of it (about 88mm) to allow the linhof board to sit flat. Then get two thin strips the thickness of the linhof board and screw to side. Mount the two slides as show in photo.

dimento
15-Oct-2015, 01:14
You have the plans in your own photo. Just copy it.
A piece of flat aluminum that fit (115 mm square, 2mm thick), drill/cut a big hole in the centre of it (about 88mm) to allow the linhof board to sit flat. Then get two thin strips the thickness of the linhof board and screw to side. Mount the two slides as show in photo.

beyond my making abilities, and the photo wasn't mine, I'll have a think and maybe buy an adapter at some point, thanks, D