PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bellows on Speed Graphic

Bogdan Karasek
12-Oct-2015, 03:31
I have an early Speed (takes the slotted film holders) and one that functions very well, speeds are on, everything is fine EXCEPT, the bellows lights up like a Christmas Tree, If I put a lit bulb inside the bellows; so many pinholes. There is a fellow on the other auction site who is selling, from China, red or black bellows for the Speed. What is involved in replacing the bellows,,,,,, are the bellows, "one size fit all" or is this something that I should stay away from with a ten foot polel

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Regards,
Bogdan

Jim Jones
12-Oct-2015, 06:16
Make sure any bellows you buy are definitely for your model of Speed Graphic. The means of attaching the bellows varies between some models.

peter schrager
12-Oct-2015, 11:23
Depending upon how bad the pinholes are you could try blocking them out with a glue they make for wetsuits....it works great; drys overnight and is pliable when dry
Best Peter

richarddylan97
16-Oct-2015, 21:13
When you go for the buy don't forget your camera model

Pierre 2
17-Oct-2015, 06:52
I have an open can of the "dip it" product on hand. Worth giving it a try... Actually, will work as long as the bellow corners are not torn open.

Jim Jones
17-Oct-2015, 08:53
I've scrubbed artist's black liquid acrylic paint into the fabric on the interior of bellows to fix tiny pinholes. Extend the bellows, scrub it well into the fabric, and make sure it is dry before closing the bellows.

ic-racer
17-Oct-2015, 09:10
You have read section 6 from the repair manual and know what is involved, right?