PDA

View Full Version : Bergger VCCB Recent Results

Greg Y
5-Oct-2015, 22:23
I haven't used Bergger film or paper for quite a few years, but found a single package of 11x14" VCCB that someone had picked up for me in NY in 2013. I was printing FP4+ negatives on Ilford Classic FB and Foma Variant 111. I really like the results from the Bergger both in Formulary 130 and Dektol. What's the latest word on Bergger? Does anyone know who is making their paper? It prints beautifully..it had both depth, and snap in the contrast that reminded me of other long gone papers. Any comments appreciated.

Renato Tonelli
7-Oct-2015, 06:19
Older thread here:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?47741-Bergger-Warm-Tone-New-vs-old

Speaking for myself, I like the older version better - the base was 'creamy', whereas the new one is white.

Greg Y
7-Oct-2015, 14:51
Thanks Renato. Can anyone else weigh in who's used Bergger lately?? I sure like the results

tgtaylor
8-Oct-2015, 09:49
I've been using it and really like it. It expensive but worth the extra cost IMO.

Thomas

Greg Y
8-Oct-2015, 15:28
Thanks Thomas. It reminds me of the old Forte in that... when I compare prints side by side from Ilford Classic, Foma Variant & Bergger....there's that extra something...the little more sparkle or micro contrast in the Bergger prints. i'll have to get some more.

koh303
8-Oct-2015, 16:09
I've been using it and really like it. It expensive but worth the extra cost IMO.

Thomas

Can you point to a reference as to what you are comparing it?

tgtaylor
8-Oct-2015, 21:47
Can you point to a reference as to what you are comparing it?

Ilford MGIV and Oriental.

Thomas

Doremus Scudder
9-Oct-2015, 01:37
Where are you guys buying Bergger papers? I don't see it at any of my regular suppliers.

Doremus

Renato Tonelli
9-Oct-2015, 05:43
B&H carries it.

koh303
9-Oct-2015, 07:06
B&H carries it.

Bostick and sullivan carry it also, and i heard it will be soon available in most large photo houses...

Greg Y
9-Oct-2015, 10:58
B&H has become the great provider to Canada with its free fast shipping & good stock.