PDA

View Full Version : New colour film from The Impossible Project

Fred L
24-Sep-2015, 05:54
Still pricey but if the colours are close to Polaroid's films, could be a winner. I presume it can be peeled like the b/w offering ? It'd be a costly to nail down technique but imagine emulsion transfers with this film ? whoa...

https://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/color-film-for-polaroid-8x10-cameras

Roboflick
24-Sep-2015, 17:48
I ordered a box. I can't wait to try it. Ive played with the current color film in Spectra and 600 format and its really nice. Natural colors.

Nik

Liquid Artist
24-Sep-2015, 18:55
Wish they made it in 5x7

bvy
27-Sep-2015, 20:28
I have a box on its way to me. I've been waiting a while for this!

Fred L
28-Sep-2015, 11:10
just got mine in the mail. fall colours or something different ? what to photograph....

brighamr
30-Sep-2015, 16:06
35-40 min processing time ...

bvy
1-Oct-2015, 05:46
35-40 min processing time ...

Hmm. Ten minutes is the published time. Is this based on other information or your experience? Curious to see results if you have them.

brighamr
1-Oct-2015, 06:48
hi bvy

i found the 35-40min on impossible website after a bit of digging
thoght i must of found the wrong thing so emailled them
but they confirmed it

where did you read 10 min ?

robin

bvy
1-Oct-2015, 07:28
It's under Product Specifications on their website. Granted, it does say 5 to 10 minute "emergence" which is a bit misleading. Sounds like it needs more time than that.

brighamr
1-Oct-2015, 11:09
hi bvy

if you go to the product page
click on colour 8/10 then scroll down to 10 things you should know
and check out iten 7 development

if it needs 35-40 min in the dark then its not going to work for me

robin

Shootar401
1-Oct-2015, 13:54
The only people shooting 8x10 Impossible are the people using it to check exposure and lighting prior to shooting real film. 30 minutes is ridiculous especially if you are working hourly, on a deadline or with a model.

Tobias Key
2-Oct-2015, 06:24
The only people shooting 8x10 Impossible are the people using it to check exposure and lighting prior to shooting real film. 30 minutes is ridiculous especially if you are working hourly, on a deadline or with a model.

30 minutes is no better than running your own E6 line and developing as you go!

Liquid Artist
2-Oct-2015, 08:22
I am wondering if they just need more research time. Or if the chemistry Polaroid used is no longer for some ( environmental) reasons.

Even with the long development times I can still see some uses for it.
Checking my exposure is not one of them, I would probably use digital for that.

koh303
2-Oct-2015, 08:28

Spending 20$ to find out if a 5$ negative shot or lighting will work, cannot be a real good way to do things. Surely a digital camera can do that much easier, or a small film pack with accurate colors can too.

I think most if not all people who shoot impossible film want instant 8X10 stuff, with all its quirks and "bad quality", and thats the only reason.

Using it to judge any negative would be a futile attempts, as this stuff has nothing to do with what a negative will look like when printed.

SergeiR
2-Oct-2015, 09:30

I don't think so, sorry. I think IP users are just people who look at different artistic experiments. Nowadays you can quite safely check exposures using small mirrorless camera with proper adjustments and not waste time and money on the instant film. But hey.. could be pragmatic in me..

vdonovan2000
2-Oct-2015, 09:57

I know about a dozen people shooting 8x10 Impossible, none use it to check exposure or lighting, including myself. As mentioned above, I find a digital camera is a much faster, cheaper and more effective way to check lighting and exposure. Everyone I know who uses Impossible 8x10 film, including myself, are using it for creative purposes, trying to find ways that this unique material can create interesting images.