PDA

View Full Version : Linhof dark cloth?

Shootar401
22-Sep-2015, 12:31
I was thinking of getting a Linhof dark cloth for my Master Technika, they are only $235 from B&H. Any reason why I should go with another brand? I know they are not camera specific, but I figured a Linhof would be a better match than say a Harrison or Delta.

Jac@stafford.net
22-Sep-2015, 12:48
I was thinking of getting a Linhof dark cloth for my Master Technika, they are only $235 from B&H.

That's crazy expensive. There is a dealer in England selling Linhof brand dark cloths for < $70 USD, and many alternatives that work perfectly well.

Ari
22-Sep-2015, 13:01
Spend $15 on a home-made dark cloth that will work just as well, then spend the remaining $220 on film at B&H, or on a lens.

DrTang
22-Sep-2015, 13:22
does it have a gigantor linhof logo on the outside?

that might be worth it

Richard Wasserman
22-Sep-2015, 13:27
does it have a gigantor linhof logo on the outside?

that might be worth it

Only if it's embroidered in gold

Tin Can
22-Sep-2015, 13:57
Harrison

Shootar401
22-Sep-2015, 14:02
I had a homemade one, that was just a 3' x 4' piece of black velvet. It's since become frayed and ripped from being caught on tree branches and shrubs from shooting outside. I was just looking for something high-quality that will last longer than 4 years.

I don't have ANY experience with commercially made focusing cloths.

Richard Wasserman
22-Sep-2015, 14:25
Like Randy I'm a fan of Harrison

Drew Wiley
22-Sep-2015, 15:53
That's like paying $750 for a plastic belt buckle that says Porsche on it. Branding. I've got the best dark cloth possible. Black Goretex. NO LINT, waterproof, breathable, extremely durable. That cost me about $30.

Jac@stafford.net
22-Sep-2015, 16:03
After almost getting my head ripped off for using one of my wife's Indian blankets for a dark cloth, I described my ideal cloth. She replied, "Fer Cor's sake, use one of your big-ass black Harley T-shirts!"

Corran
22-Sep-2015, 16:22
I use a wind breaker jacket.

But, yeah if it has the Linhof emblem embroidered on it... ;)

Tin Can
22-Sep-2015, 19:08
Like Randy I'm a fan of Harrison

The Harrison is a multipurpose tool. It's silver and black sided, with velcro to surround the camera. Silver side is also waterproof, both sides are lint free.

I bought the large, in a storm it's a shelter.

No regrets and i will most likely buy a medium also, but not a small.

Shootar401
23-Sep-2015, 11:30
I looked at both the Harrison and the Linhof. The Harrison is nice, I never shoot in the rain so the fact that it's water proof makes no difference to me, plus really, really not a fan of the shiny silver.

Anyway I ended up buying the Linhof from B&H, it's a special order item and takes 6-8 weeks! :eek: Glad I'm not in a hurry.

Daniel.E
23-Feb-2016, 14:38
How are you liking that Linhof dark cloth?

MatchingMole
27-Feb-2016, 14:53
I bought the linhof dark close 5 years ago on ebay, sold by linhof studio in england for 50€. There's of course the linhof embroised logo, but not in gold! two side, one red and black, and also small metal weights on the four corner. But 235$ at b&h, quite crazy!

asf
29-Feb-2016, 15:30
I've wondered if anyone had ever bought one of those, but I guess if you get a new kitted out MT what's another $235 on top of that?

Was hoping Bob had chimed in here saying why they are so special