PDA

View Full Version : Another shakey eBay auction

Frank Petronio
15-Feb-2005, 12:30
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15247&item=3875018129&rd=1

That takes guts, auctioning something with a (-1) feedback!

Nick_3536
15-Feb-2005, 12:36
Did you read the feedback he has? Inspires confidence in me-)

Dan Dozer
15-Feb-2005, 12:47
He obviously found someone who isn't intimidated by his "reputation". Speaking of - what is this guy thinking - Ebay item #3781936041. I wonder why he hasn't had any offers yet.

Ralph Barker
15-Feb-2005, 12:54
Plus, the only payment method on the Linhof item is bank transfer, meaning he walks away with your bank account number, as well. Geez!

Greg Miller
15-Feb-2005, 13:45
"That takes guts, auctioning something with a (-1) feedback!"

Thanks Frank - That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

And what are the 3 people who have bid thinking? I guess the desert southwest panorama has them distracted.

Calamity Jane
15-Feb-2005, 13:52
RE: E-bay item number 3781936041

"STILL WORKS"

I'll take his word for it!

Greg Miller
15-Feb-2005, 13:52
"Ebay item #3781936041. I wonder why he hasn't had any offers yet"

Definitely makes me appreciate being male. Unless there is a urethra camera up for auction soon.

Frank Petronio
15-Feb-2005, 15:29
I bid $66.666.66 on the Technar, but the bank wouldn't float me the $150K for the Cervix Cam. I wonder how you take a sharp photo when your lens is coated in KY?

Henry Ambrose
15-Feb-2005, 16:26
Wow!

I wonder who is the goof ball that's bidding on that Technar from the -1 seller?
Who is high bidder "yoshidoo"?

; >)

chris_4622
15-Feb-2005, 16:39
I just went and looked at the item, read his negative feedback and when I went back to the item it was taken down. I hope no one was "taken" too.

Frank Petronio
15-Feb-2005, 17:04
Maybe eBay is getting it's act together - I just got this email:

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 3875018129

Item Title - Linhof 4x5 TECHNAR + 75mm Super Angulon + finder + grip

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue recouping your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment
3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department
4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram)
5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter)

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Juergen Sattler
15-Feb-2005, 17:06
Good job Frank. Your bid killed the item. It's hard to figure out what these people are thinking when they post such obvious fraudulent items. They must think we are all idiots - we KNOW we are crazy (otherwise we wouldn't be into LF).

Juergen

Frank Petronio
15-Feb-2005, 17:26
See Juergen, you could have gotten an extra $66,473.45 for that Graphic you sold me last week!

Juergen Sattler
15-Feb-2005, 21:17
Darn, had I only known!