PDA

View Full Version : push/pull times for Acros in Rodinal?

GoldSpanner
14-Sep-2015, 08:22
Can anyone give me any times/formula etc. for N+1 & N-1 development of Fuji Acros in Rodinal?
It'll be rated at 80 in 1:50 Rodinal, and when I say push/pull I mean for zone system contrast control rather than up/downrating the film speed.

I of course intend to conduct my own tests, but it would be good to have some idea of what to go for so I don't use more film than I need to.

Thanks!

Alex

vinny
14-Sep-2015, 08:31
then you should change your title to "expansion/contraction".

Corran
14-Sep-2015, 08:42
You should test but I will say my rule-of-thumb for expansion/contraction with Rodinal was 15-20% more or less development depending on which way you were going, per N number. I also didn't rate things differently for different N values, I just placed the lower Zones properly using my spot meter.

GoldSpanner
14-Sep-2015, 08:48
You should test but I will say my rule-of-thumb for expansion/contraction with Rodinal was 15-20% more or less development depending on which way you were going, per N number. I also didn't rate things differently for different N values, I just placed the lower Zones properly using my spot meter.

That's great thanks - 15-20% seems like a sensible starting point so i'll give it a go.

John Berry
23-Sep-2015, 00:29
I recommend a factor of 1.4 for a whole stop difference in exposure.

Jim Noel
23-Sep-2015, 07:07
then you should change your title to "expansion/contraction".

Right on Vinny!
I get so tired of the"Push-Pull" talk I could puke. The terms have no true meaning in sensitometry.