PDA

View Full Version : Best "universal" lens board for 8x10.

knjkrock
13-Sep-2015, 20:48
So as I contemplate a vintage view camera such as a Deardorff and possibly a lightweight such as a Ritter or Chamonix or Canham in the future is there a best size to mount the lenses, for use with an adapter board. I just picked up a wide field extra so don't think the technika has enough acreage to mount it. In 4x4 I have a zone vi ultra light and CC 400 calumet.

Thanks

Ken

Alan Gales
13-Sep-2015, 21:32
I own a Wehman 8x10. I had Bruce Wehman make me a Wehman to Technika lens board adapter. It works great for most of my lenses but some shutters don't really fit on a small board. For example I have my Kodak Commercial Ektar with Ilex #5 mounted to a Wehman board.

Lachlan 717
14-Sep-2015, 01:44
Sinar.

vinny
14-Sep-2015, 06:00
linhof. double check your ektar. otherwise toyo/canham 110mm

Ari
14-Sep-2015, 06:24
Linhof again.
I've had both the 14" KCE and 10" WFE mounted on Technika boards.
It cost me, and the machining was tricky, especially for the WFE, but it's possible.
With the Wide Field Ektar, you might also have to drill your adapter board to a larger bore, as the rear element of the WFE is larger than usual.

Len Middleton
14-Sep-2015, 08:51
Everything on a Copal / Compur 3 or smaller is on a Linhof Technika style lens board, with exception of a lens that came on a lens board that directly fit onto my camera.

Everything else is on 6x6RC Deardorff style boards with Linhof to 6x6RC adapter boards for the cameras.

DrTang
14-Sep-2015, 09:50
the 4x4 calumet is a nice size...even fitting #3 Copals...I guess the technika will too though.. but it may not take a compound 4

plus they are dirt cheap and you can even make one with tin snips in a pinch

Len Middleton
14-Sep-2015, 11:57
Everything on a Copal / Compur 3 or smaller is on a Linhof Technika style lens board, with exception of a lens that came on a lens board that directly fit onto my camera.

Everything else is on 6x6RC Deardorff style boards with Linhof to 6x6RC adapter boards for the cameras.

FYI, the selection of the Linhof Technika lens board is in part the result of owning a Technika in which a number of lenses were used on...

angusparker
14-Sep-2015, 21:23
Linhof for most everything except when it's a big lens then Sinar. Fairly easy to come across Sinar to Linhof adapters. While most Ritter cameras have Sinar sized lens boards they have rounded corners so you need to have Richard square out the front standard to take a real Sinar board.