PDA

View Full Version : ULF negative to paper - contact frames?

bob carnie
7-Sep-2015, 09:46
I am about to make some really large negatives and need a good contact frame system.. I will be making Silver Prints and PT PD Prints.. Big ones.

a Flip top Nu Ark burner would be a great idea as you could use it for both purposes, but We actually like the convenience of dodging and burning as a final tweek on pt pd prints. the fact that the Nu Arc flips makes it inconvenient for this purpose as we cannot control the distribution of light.

In a perfect world I could use a huge contact vacuum frame and have a light source above that could supply the UV light for Pt Pd and alt process, but as well slip sideways or away, and a regular bulb with filter holder could be put in place that would then hold all the filters for split printing on silver(old separation light integrator unit) .

Anyone have this problem or solution?, I want to be printing up to 30 x 40 inch prints with a bed to allow the registration pins to sink into the rubber blanket when exposing.

Pictures and product #s would be appreciated.. I know a few 20 x24 neg printers are out there and may have some insight.