PDA

View Full Version : Kodak 2D 8x10 tripod block help

axs810
6-Sep-2015, 18:53
I recently bought a Kodak 2d 8x10 and it came with other goodies...one of them is a tripod block but for some reason I cannot figure how this goes on my Kodak 2d 8x10 camera. I cannot loosen or tighten the knob on the tripod block because of two small rods sticking out of the main rod. If you look at the picture maybe you'll see what I am having difficulty with. Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Pierre 2
6-Sep-2015, 19:50
I believe the two small rod sticking are there precisely to prevent the rod from turning. The knob SHOULD turn as its purpose is to tighten the two metal pieces together (and hereby the block) to the rest of the camera. Your knob is probably stuck from lack of use or over tightening past the threaded portion of the rod. Some heat could help to untighten it.

axs810
7-Sep-2015, 15:08
The two small rods prevent me from being able to turn the knob. If I try to turn the knob the two small rods just dig into the wood.

Roger Thoms
7-Sep-2015, 15:15
The two small rods keep the shaft (long rod that the knob threads onto) from turning, that's the way it is suppose to work. I sounds like the threads between the shaft and knob are frozen. You might try some penetrating oil to free it up. Hopefully the threads aren't starting to strip out.

Roger

Jim Graves
8-Sep-2015, 19:10
Pierre and Roger are correct ... your knob is stuck ... the small rods are "stops" ... penetrating oil is your best bet ... give it some time, though ... and then try a LITTLE force. If it's still stuck ... more penetrating oil and more time ... and, repeat until it turns (counterclockwise, of course.)

Oh, and be a little careful with pressure ,,, those small "stop" rods will break off the main rod. If you only break one you're still O.K. because the remaining one will function as a "stop" for both directions ... the only difference is that there will be a 1/2 revolution before it functions as a "stop" in the 2d direction ... how do I know that? I broke one ... still working fine, though.

axs810
8-Sep-2015, 22:41
Ahh I understand now...thank you! I will try and get it unstuck this weekend :)

Thank you all for the advice!