PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Banquet style without front tilt

Tin Can
20-Aug-2015, 11:58
Perhaps an obvious question, but not to me.

F&S Banquet cameras have front tilt forward only, as they were designed for 10 ft tripod and big groups, Per http://piercevaubel.com/cam/ekc/fsbanq.htm

It there a way to shoot like this with a Korona, which has no front tilt, no drop bed and limited rear tilt?

Perhaps I add a tilted lens board?

Thoughts, ideas?

Jim Noel
20-Aug-2015, 15:23
Certainly!
Tilt the bed of the camera then rotate the back to vertical.
My common practice 40-50 years ago when all I had was a flat bed camera with no front tilt was to set it on a tripod, tilt the bed, tilt the back to vertical and check to be sure my plane of focus was correct and then take off with the camera over my shoulder and never alter this setup unless I decided to make an extreme closeup.

Tin Can
20-Aug-2015, 17:10
Thanks Jim, i figured that was the answer, but I will need to see it with my own eyes.

Of course. :)

My chosen lens has plenty of coverage for any rear tilt, again obvious if it covers the horizontal plane.

John Kasaian
26-Aug-2015, 13:58
The notion of climbing 10' up a ladder behind a beast of a camera mounted on a spindly, maxed out tripod and waving a 12x20 film holder around in one hand and a holder full of explosive flash powder in the other makes me feel a wee bit ill :rolleyes:
Those banquet guys certainly weren't wimps!

Tin Can
26-Aug-2015, 18:22
The notion of climbing 10' up a ladder behind a beast of a camera mounted on a spindly, maxed out tripod and waving a 12x20 film holder around in one hand and a holder full of explosive flash powder in the other makes me feel a wee bit ill :rolleyes:
Those banquet guys certainly weren't wimps!

I will be shooting from high up, bridges etc looking down.

One kind member is sending me a fixed tilt down lensboard. I will have a head start?

I'm not climbing 10 ft ladders anymore.

I am a wimp. Now I need a Wimpy burger. Not kidding.