PDA

View Full Version : Banff Area Suggestions

klocksib
17-Aug-2015, 12:47
Hi All,

My fiancee (soon to be wife) and I will be going on our honeymoon in Banff National Park in a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go, and where to expose some film. Neither of us have been to the area before, so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Brad

BBW
18-Aug-2015, 11:20
Congrats! You will find lots to see around Banff. Within Banff, you can try the Vermillion Lakes, especially at dawn looking up a Mount Rundle. Lake Louise is up the road, Sulphur Mountain Gondola, hikes galour, Paradise Valley, Johnston Canyon, and it goes on :). Lots of hings to see. Rather than go on and on (and I can d that :), I can send you a 2014/2015 Visitor's Guide to Banff and Lake Louise. Just drop me a address and we'll drop it in the post. Cheers!!

Elvis

cowanw
18-Aug-2015, 12:39
Consider highway 1a instead of 1 between Banff and Lake Louise.
A day up the Lake Louise/ Jasper highway is a reward no matter where you stop.

Greg Y
19-Aug-2015, 08:22
Brad, Congratulations! There are many cool places to photograph. I'll mention a few. Lake O'Hara is a magnificent place to spend a day or more, but popular & accessed by a private 7mi road. Check for seat cancellations on the bus, since it's already sold out until the season end. http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/yoho/natcul/ohara/reserve.aspx. Drive to Moraine Lake (Valley of the Ten Peaks. near Lake Louise) & hike the few hours to Eiffel Lake, for great vews of Mt Deltaform & other of the 10 peaks. Drive the Banff-Jasper Highway & stay in Jasper before driving back. Drive the Highway 93 south towards Radium. Great views of Storm Mountain & Mount Stanley. All great opportunities for LF photos.