PDA

View Full Version : Wide Angle Focusing Device for Linhof Tech IV

LFC-Tony
11-Aug-2015, 16:10
Hello, I am new to the forum and have a question regarding the wide angle focusing device and the appropriate lens board. I have read most of the information out there and have a problem with the lens board fitting flush to the focusing device. I ordered the exact lens board # which is a 2X3 linhof tech. The lens board was a special order and not cheap. It seems to be the right outside dimensions however, there is a round flange which should fit inside the focusing device hole, but it is slightly too large and will not fit flush. Therefore it is pretty much useless as is. It was for copal #0 to be used with a 65mm that I really wanted to use.
Does anyone have experience with these devices and is there any solution to this flange flange issue? Appreciate any help, Thanks

Bob Salomon
11-Aug-2015, 16:21
You do not have the correct lens board as it has been out of production and unavailable for about a decade. The closest board that will fit is a flat Technika 23 board (not one for the Technika 70) with a pilot hole. It is catalog number 001001. You would then have to have the hole milled to 0 size.

LFC-Tony
11-Aug-2015, 17:07
thanks for replying Bob. There have been several references to the lens board: 001124, defined as the lens board I need to fit on the wide angle focusing device. Currently Adorama seems to give the same reference and KEH, where I ordered the lens board from had stated the same thing. This is pretty frustrating when these companies advertise this as the correct solution...hopefully I can return it. I'll see if I can get a 001001 flat board in 2x3 without paying an arm and leg. Here's another thought. What if I milled down the flange so it fit flush...kind of brute force solution but do you think it might work? Thanks