PDA

View Full Version : "The F-Stops Here"

Doug Dolde
9-Feb-2005, 10:04
Regarding the store by that name, ttp://www.thefstop.com I have been unable to contact them. No answers to email and the phone just keeps ringing with no answer. Does anyone know what's up with them?

Michael Kadillak
9-Feb-2005, 10:04
Then it would be a great idea for Jon to shut down the revised photo website just to be consistent with his business plan to sell.

Cheers!

Michael Jones
9-Feb-2005, 10:14
Simich is Jon's last name. His kin may be "running" the operation. I know I'm ordering the Bill Blass "Faux Fur" Vest. No one would mistake me for a photographer as I set up my equipment wearing that puppy ...

Mike

Brett Deacon
9-Feb-2005, 11:31
I "purchased" a lens via online checkout on the F-Stops Here website in mid-December. My credit card was never charged, I have not received the lens, and none of my e-mails been returned nor my phone calls answered. I have given up at this point.

Ellis Vener
9-Feb-2005, 11:35
Too bad. When they were out in California they were a great store and a great resource. Sorry to see them leave the field.

Glenn Kroeger
9-Feb-2005, 11:44
I got an email from Jon just a week ago!

Mark Sawyer
9-Feb-2005, 12:23
I guess the "f" finally stopped...

Steve Williams_812
9-Feb-2005, 13:58
I ordered an F64 bag from them. Got a call that it was backordered and asked if I wanted to wait. I said yes and they charged my credit card. Several weeks went by and I emailed and got a response that they were still backordered but would ship in a week, did I want my money refunded or wait?

I waited, then in two weeks no bag, no more email response, nothing. I made a claim with my credit card company and got my moeny back. Never another word from the FStop.

Too bad, I wanted to support these kinds of businesses.

steve

Frank Petronio
9-Feb-2005, 14:09
Maybe they went to Costa Rica with Wisner?

Brian Ellis
9-Feb-2005, 17:08
I had two mildly bad experiences with this place - used items with obvious defects not mentioned in the listings. One was an Agfa Ansco 5x7 camera with a minor omission in the item description - nothing was said about the black paint someone had haphazardly sprayed all over the front of the camera including the chrome. Then there was the lens that stuck open on B and T. My impression was that they misrepresented equipment with the hope that the buyer wouldn't return it but if it was returned they did refund the purchase price. I heard they went out of business some time ago, no great loss IMHO.

Steve Hamley
9-Feb-2005, 18:54
I had a not-too-good experience also, but not as bad as Brian's. I had called about a 14" Heliar in barrel they had listed a decent price -and had listed for several months - and they said they didn't have the lens but had one very much like it, a process Nikkor! I also noted the Heliar stayed listed for many more months.

I doubt I'd buy from them based on them telling me a process Nikkor was very much like a Heliar.

Steve

Hans Berkhout
9-Feb-2005, 22:42
you can find the new owner under Vestmate.com, hit "links" and voila. Guess Jon sold out.