PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon large format lens website update

xkaes
9-Aug-2015, 06:50
I just finished an update to my Fujinon large format lens website. I added a single GIF graph showing the image circles of all of Fuji's lenses. I hope it is useful to someone.

www.subclub.org/fujinon/index.htm

Jac@stafford.net
9-Aug-2015, 07:07
Strange, but domain not found (err 404)

Oren Grad
9-Aug-2015, 07:17
Shows up fine here.

Thanks!

RSalles
9-Aug-2015, 08:23
Shows up fine here.

Thanks!

Same here. Had looked into the website for the last 2 days trying to nail a good EBC coated lens for both 4x5 & 2x3 cameras. Still looking into, thenks for the update,

Cheers,

Renato

Old-N-Feeble
9-Aug-2015, 10:16
Looks great to me!!

Jac@stafford.net
9-Aug-2015, 10:47
I really want to see the page.

The address I get is NS correct, but when I try to connect I get "Server Not Found" in all three of my browsers. Sorry for the tech stuff below. It is the best I could do. I'll give up.

I tried the authoritative NS:

Server: ns3.meganameservers.com
Address: 209.235.144.105#53

Name: www.subclub.org
Address: 69.49.101.19

http://69.49.101.19
returns "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]"
which is okay, really, but when addressing the directory:

http://69.49.101.19/fujinon/index.htm
returns "Not Found [CFN #0005]"

Mark Sawyer
9-Aug-2015, 11:08
Also on the subject:

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/fujinon.htm

xkaes
9-Aug-2015, 13:29
Try this url:

www.subclub.org/fujinon/fujigraph.htm

or

www.subclub.org/fujinon/lensgraph.gif

I really want to see the page.

The address I get is NS correct, but when I try to connect I get "Server Not Found" in all three of my browsers. Sorry for the tech stuff below. It is the best I could do. I'll give up.

I tried the authoritative NS:

Server: ns3.meganameservers.com
Address: 209.235.144.105#53

Name: www.subclub.org
Address: 69.49.101.19

http://69.49.101.19
returns "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]"
which is okay, really, but when addressing the directory:

http://69.49.101.19/fujinon/index.htm
returns "Not Found [CFN #0005]"

Jac@stafford.net
10-Aug-2015, 09:30
Try this url:
www.subclub.org/fujinon/fujigraph.htm
or
www.subclub.org/fujinon/lensgraph.gif

Thank you but I got the same failures as the other addresses. I finally used my iPhone to the website and mailed the graphic to myself. Something is very wrong with my Mac Air.

And thank you, xkaes, for your contribution. Quite helpful material!

David Karp
10-Aug-2015, 11:17
Nice!

Thanks for your website. It is very helpful.

Jim Noel
10-Aug-2015, 11:19
I also get failures at all of the addresses.

AtlantaTerry
10-Aug-2015, 14:33
www.subclub.org/fujinon/index.htm

The link worked perfectly for me.
Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit
Google Chrome browser

Teodor Oprean
10-Aug-2015, 14:47
None of the links work for me. I get the same error in all three cases: "The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."

Jac@stafford.net
10-Aug-2015, 15:27
None of the links work for me. I get the same error in all three cases: "The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."

Something in the cyber field is messed up for sure.

StoneNYC
10-Aug-2015, 19:13
It works fine for me and I'm on my iPhone.

OP, I would like to see some of the pamphlets and the image circle graph downloadable as a PDF.

All my LF documents are in PDF form, is it possible to make this happen? For that lens list catalogue (the first link) you would have to split that really long image into separate pages, but it shouldn't be too hard?

Navigating the pages as non-document images can also be tricky for many as screen size difference can do all sorts of wacky things.

But this is an excellent resource. Thanks!

StoneNYC
10-Aug-2015, 19:21
Something in the cyber field is messed up for sure.

Jac (and others who can't view the page).

The site and all main links are now on the way back machine site... So if you can't access the main site for some reason (I suspect this is your internet service provider's issue not the OP's sites issue) then at least you can view it as it is today. Better than nothing...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/index.htm

PS this isn't the first time it was archived so I'm just sharing alternative access.

Corran
11-Aug-2015, 12:32
(I suspect this is your internet service provider's issue not the OP's sites issue)

It's definitely something on the other end.

On various computers/browsers I have issues with the site, and have mentioned this a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I'm on a University T1 line with no blockages and it doesn't work. At home it works sometimes, sometimes not.

There seems to be a persistent DNS failure by the hosting company. Here is the error message:

"The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

That last sentence is the important one. The internet/network here is fine.

StoneNYC
11-Aug-2015, 14:24
But I've literally gone to the site 100 times (yes I kept trying) all while people were posting that they had no access...

So it can't be on their end, it has to be something on yours, either the port that needs to be open to use it is locked or some other reason. Try turning off your antivirus software? It's probably something like that.

It doesn't make sense that it's on their end if various different setups are having trouble while at the same time others are always able to access it, all in the same timeframe, then it's something on the user's end.

It's definitely something on the other end.

On various computers/browsers I have issues with the site, and have mentioned this a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I'm on a University T1 line with no blockages and it doesn't work. At home it works sometimes, sometimes not.

There seems to be a persistent DNS failure by the hosting company. Here is the error message:

"The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

That last sentence is the important one. The internet/network here is fine.

Corran
11-Aug-2015, 14:26
It has to do with the interaction of the DNS server and the end user (some of them). If it was a single issue with one person, yes, you'd be right. But it's not, it's multiple people across multiple computers across multiple browsers, including people who know a lot about computers (me, and I know Jac does too).

Old-N-Feeble
11-Aug-2015, 14:36
Just for kicks, try a different browser.

StoneNYC
11-Aug-2015, 14:57
Could it be a common thing though? Like the people using AVG are the ones having problems? Or the people with a certain ISP company? Or people with a certain version of Windows? etc. Could be a common element?

All I know is it ALWAYS works on my MacBookPro and on my iPhone 5s and I always use Safari browser on both. I HAD AT&T as my ISP which got bought by Frontier (they are HORRIBLE) but I believe the base systems (portals?) are still technically AT&T based just with new ownership?

Anyway I suspect a common element, but you'd all have to get together and list all the stuff you're running and whatnot to see if it could be that.

I'm not a gamer but my friend once brought over his X-Box and it kept dropping signal randomly, we figured out that although my regular wifi router (in the basement) could handle it fine, I also have an AirPortExtreme that I use to extend the network and run some remote printers and external drives wirelessly, and one of the ports on that was one that Apple has auto-blocked and when the signal extended through the AirPortExtreme it would drop signal, so we just turned the AirPortExtreme off while he was over and it worked flawlessly after that.

I'm just saying it's possible there's a common user issue is all, yes I know you know more than me but it doesn't make sense that I never have issues ever if at the same moment I'm checking and I always have access when someone else doesn't.

It has to do with the interaction of the DNS server and the end user (some of them). If it was a single issue with one person, yes, you'd be right. But it's not, it's multiple people across multiple computers across multiple browsers, including people who know a lot about computers (me, and I know Jac does too).

Jac@stafford.net
11-Aug-2015, 15:25
The failures shown in my post above occur with the three different browsers on my Mac Air, but my iPhone connects properly on the same wireless network at home.

It also fails on the Mac using telnet to port 80 from the command line. Nslookup fails as well unless I specifically use a different name server (one on Europe)!

Why the iPhone works is mystery.

I checked my hosts. File and it is clean.

redshift
13-Aug-2015, 04:00
Not sure it's your MAC. I can't connect on my PC.

Jac@stafford.net
13-Aug-2015, 09:19
Not sure it's your MAC. I can't connect on my PC.

I ran a full virus scan and it's okay, but I found a system file I cannot rationalize: "default_servers.db", and it is full of Russian sites! All references are to speedtest sites. I am suspicious. I think the file is a symbolic link.

EDIT: Nope, it is an OS X quarantined file. End of thread for me.

default_servers.db com.apple.quarantine

NoBob
15-Aug-2015, 07:33
On my iPhone, it doesn't work. Will try tomorrow on my computers at home.

Helcio J Tagliolatto
18-Oct-2020, 05:57
Thank you but I got the same failures as the other addresses. I finally used my iPhone to the website and mailed the graphic to myself. Something is very wrong with my Mac Air.

Five years later and same happens to me: I can only access from the Iphone.

Very useful. Thanks xkaes!