PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Kardan-color 8x10 question?

stradibarrius
3-Aug-2015, 16:03
I found a Kardan-color 8x10 thta looks like a beautiful camera but it also looks very heavy...Does anyone know what one of the cameras weighs? Are they a nice as they look?

Peter De Smidt
3-Aug-2015, 17:33
Talk to Randy Moe. He has a bunch of them. They are very heavy but wonderful cameras. Finding parts can be a challenge.

stradibarrius
3-Aug-2015, 18:20
Thanks Peter.

Tin Can
3-Aug-2015, 18:30
I found a Kardan-color 8x10 thta looks like a beautiful camera but it also looks very heavy...Does anyone know what one of the cameras weighs? Are they a nice as they look?

I'm average size and I have to take mine apart to remove it from the stand without dropping it.

I can weigh it if you really need it.

The advantage is they ARE heavy and don't wiggle, have 9" lens boards and can carry almost any lens.

brucetaylor
3-Aug-2015, 18:41
I like mine a lot. It is beautifully and precisely made. Use it in the studio, you will not be taking it out in the field. I can take it off the tripod collapsed in one piece, but with great care as it would be easy to drop-- which would probably be the death of it. Check out the lensboard situation, as that can get expensive. I think the easiest thing to do is get the reducer to the 5x7 Technika boards which are somewhat available (I have an adapter from that to a regular [4x5] Technika board).

stradibarrius
4-Aug-2015, 15:49
Thanks for the info!!!

Taija71A
4-Aug-2015, 16:38
The one currently up on abcdebay... Is listed at 26 lbs.
Sounds about right... -Tim.