PDA

View Full Version : 6x17 with recessed lens board

Travis
7-Feb-2005, 19:30
Just a follow-up message to let you know about my quest to work out the best solution for the Shen Hao 6x17 back on the Shen Hao camera. The flat lensboard and regular bellows were not allowing for ANY movements with a Super Angulon 90/8 lens. The addition of the wide angle bellows was not much of an improvement. I tracked down a Linhof recessed lens board (20mm, the deepest I could find to fit the Shen Hao camera). In conjunction with the wide angle bellows, I now have a full 3cm front rise and fall, because the front standard now clears the boxed roof of the rear standard, and plenty of movement elsewhere. I finally have a working system!

Gem Singer
7-Feb-2005, 21:12
Travis,

How do you manage to reach the shutter and aperature controls in a 20mm. recessed lensboard?

Travis
8-Feb-2005, 04:22
I have skinny fingers :)
I use a pen to adjust the aperture, open and close the shutter and cock the shutter. It's a little fiddly, but worth the trouble.

paul owen
8-Feb-2005, 04:39
I too have found that in order to have any degree of movement with the 90mm on the 6x17 film back you do need to use a recessed lens panel, at least, a bag bellows is a bonus too. The result of this combination is useful movements such as tilt. I too have skinny fingers but I can only manage to cock the shutter with mine! I have resorted to a cotton bud to move the aperture control!! Good for cleaning ears too!!

Bob Salomon
8-Feb-2005, 04:51
"How do you manage to reach the shutter and aperature controls in a 20mm. recessed lensboard?"

The latest Linhof recessed 001015 recessed board have the aperture control, press focus and aperture scale on the front surface of the board.

Eric Jones
8-Feb-2005, 15:39
"The latest Linhof recessed 001015 recessed board have the aperture control, press focus and aperture scale on the front surface of the board."

I have only been able to find this on the web for a Compur#0 Shutter. Are models available for Copal #0 Shutters?

Thanks

Eric Jones

Bob Salomon
8-Feb-2005, 16:09
Eric,

Compur and Prontor shutters have been out of production for several years. The current 001015 and 001016 are for both Copal and Compur. You are looking apparently at used lens boards.

Eric Jones
8-Feb-2005, 16:33
Bob, thanks for taking the time to answer:

I was looking at B&H's site and I see they have listed, a 001016 for copal and 001015 for compur, I guessed I missed the copal one when I first looked. The other question I have is, their pictures do not show the aperture adjustment feature. Am I right in assuming maybe they are dated photos? If I order up a 001016 should I expect it to come with the aperture control?

Thanks

Eric

Bob Salomon
9-Feb-2005, 01:34
The NEW 001015 comes with the control. The NEW 001016 comes without it. If you have the NEW 001016 you can add the control at a later date.

NO DEALER HAS THESE YET> THE FIRST 4 BOARDS WERE RECEIVED FROM THE FACTORY ON THURSDAY.