PDA

View Full Version : Dallmeyer 3A lens

Claes-Goran
28-Jul-2015, 07:28
Hi, I have a Dallmeyer 3A lens that are missing some parts wich I like to make, the missing parts are the flange and the foccusing parts, I need some dimensions of the parts, anyone that can help?

Claes-Goran

Steven Tribe
28-Jul-2015, 11:10
Hi Claes-Goran - Velkom!

By focussing part, I assume you mean the tangential drive pinion and the "gear box"?

These are certainly not essential for focussing. They are a vestige of the days when Studio Cameras were rather roughly made and fine adjustment was easiest at the barrel and sleeve.

Many tangential drives have been removed on purpose as they are somewhat a security risk when worn. The unseen velvet seals dry out and the barrel can fall out of the sleeve.

Renewing the velvet seals would make for a safe fit.

Dallmeyer flanges were made in a limited number of sizes, so the 3A flange is identical to others (RR and Patent Portrait series). There is a table showing cross matching of flanges here (shown recently).

StoneNYC
28-Jul-2015, 13:14
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=123776

That's the thread mentioned, look for Goamules post for a list of all the sizes. It's a little past half way through the thread.

Steven Tribe
28-Jul-2015, 13:53
So the required flange needs a threaded hole of 4.6 inches with a 14/1" thread. It matches the 6D fllange and a few huge RR's and Landscape lenses!