PDA

View Full Version : Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

axs810
18-Jul-2015, 18:08
What's the best case with the best protection for holding an 8x10 film holder? I'm looking for something that's like a laptop style case and I'm only looking to store one film holder per case.

StoneNYC
18-Jul-2015, 20:09
"JustInCase" brand at the apple stores for 13" laptops fit perfectly.

axs810
18-Jul-2015, 23:05
Is it just a neoprene sleeve or does it have a hard protection area? I'm looking for something that can handle being thrown in a backpack without having to worry if anything else in my backpack is pushing on the darkslides. I have quite a few film holders that have a very soft darkslide that is why I am wanting a hard protection case

StoneNYC
19-Jul-2015, 06:09
Is it just a neoprene sleeve or does it have a hard protection area? I'm looking for something that can handle being thrown in a backpack without having to worry if anything else in my backpack is pushing on the darkslides. I have quite a few film holders that have a very soft darkslide that is why I am wanting a hard protection case

There's a few, the one I have is a laptop case but they make neoprene too, you'll have to just go into a store or look online, if you google the brand I'm sure you'll see, your requirements may be different than my own.

I found the case too bulky, switched to Chamonix holders (which come in sleeves and have better and stiffer dark slides) and use photobackpacker cascades to hold my holders.