PDA

View Full Version : In Need of 8x20 Film

brchambe
13-Jul-2015, 10:24
Not sure if this belongs here or in the film forum or in the for sale forum so feel free to move this thread is needed.

I'm in need of a source to get 8x20 film. I have a trip coming up in September and would like to take the 8x20 pinhole with me but I'm out of film stock.

Anyone know of a source for this without a custom order? I've looked at all the usual ULF site and don't see any available for order.

Any help appreciated.

Brian Chambers

Corran
13-Jul-2015, 10:34
There were some boxes of HP5 available in the classifieds some time ago. I suggest you put a Want to Buy ad up.

N Dhananjay
13-Jul-2015, 19:07
I presume you are aware of the Ilford ULF special order that comes up once a year - it seems to be the only reliable way to get ULF film. Too late for this year, of course, but it gives you enough time to invest into a small freezer and get ready for stocking up next year. DJ

Oren Grad
13-Jul-2015, 20:41
You can also get Adox CHS 100 II in 8x20 from Fotoimpex in Germany. They're currently showing that size as out of stock, so you'd have to ask about their turnaround time for a special order. It might be faster than for the Ilford special order window that you recently missed.

Drachenlaeufer
13-Jul-2015, 22:29
Maybe you could ask Mr. Grohmann d.grohmann@bg-wernigerode.de from Banse & Grohmann / Wephota (http://www.wephota.de/fotogra.htm), what they have. AFAIK hey can cut down to any size.

Phil Hudson
13-Jul-2015, 23:03
PM sent. I have some spare HP5.....

rakkir
31-Jul-2015, 15:49
you could cut this in half
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/894178-REG/MultiTone_mol162025_MultiOrtho_16_x_20.html
or you could use regular photo paper.

jbenedict
1-Aug-2015, 11:11
I haven't done it but others find that x-ray film works to a certain standard. You can cut it under a safelight and it is not hugely expensive. Not sure if it comes in the 20" dimension. I didn't find any when I just looked on Ebay but maybe someone else knows. (There is 14x17)

rakkir
1-Aug-2015, 17:55
I haven't done it but others find that x-ray film works to a certain standard. You can cut it under a safelight and it is not hugely expensive. Not sure if it comes in the 20" dimension. I didn't find any when I just looked on Ebay but maybe someone else knows. (There is 14x17)
i have never seen x-ray that big, the largest i have seen are 14x17 and 14x36