PDA

View Full Version : Super Angulon 75mm 5.6 and Technica V

d burdeny
3-Feb-2005, 08:18
Hi -Does anyone have any experience using a Super Angulon 75mm 5.6 on a Technica V? I’d like to know if the size of back element causes any problems with rise and tilt etc. Thanks.

Bob Salomon
3-Feb-2005, 08:51
No problems. But it must be on a 001016 recessed lens board.

Neal Shields
3-Feb-2005, 09:27
I use a 75 Biogon on a V which should be simular and it works fine. However, with rise, mine will sink slowly into the sunset so to speak unless I leave the gear rise lever in the rise position at the extent of its travel which locks the lens up. There is a friction adjustment but to screw it down enough to hold that lens up, would I think, make it excessive for all other lenses.

Bob Salomon
3-Feb-2005, 11:16
The 75mm Biogon is much heavier so there is no problem with a properly adjusted camera using the rise with a small lens like the 75mm SA or Grandagon.
The camera that is slipping needs service. Your camera is at least 29 years old this year.

d burdeny
3-Feb-2005, 12:06
I’m more concerned about the rear element of the 5.6 super angulon filling up the entire space behind the lensboard and hitting the bellows or the body as it’s tilted or raised. My camera is pretty tight so I don’t think slipping be an issue.

Bob Salomon
3-Feb-2005, 12:38
Your camera has nothing to worry about. Neil's camera needs service.

So you are aware the 35mm Apo Grandgaon fits directly to the Technika 2000 with the front standard inside the camera housing with no problems.

For your 75mm you will put the lens on the recssed board and the standard on the front track, after you set it in the rear position. There is no issue with the rear elements on any 75mm. The only issue with a wide angle rear element on a camera using the Technika board is with the 90mm xl as that rear element will not fit through the hole in the camera without modifying the lens.

The issue you will have with a 75mm is that the drop bed will be in the image when you shoot with the back in the vertcal position. if you want to shoot a vertical without clipping the bed leave the back in the horizontal position and position the camera 90° to the side as you would with a 35mm camera taking a vertical.