PDA

View Full Version : source for little bubble levels??

Nacio Jan Brown
28-Aug-1999, 21:31
Does anyone know of a source for the kind of little bubble levels fitted to some of the better view cameras? I want really small (and accurate) ones, two-way wo uld be ideal but not critical, installable with tiny screws. I don't like the 36 0 degree bullseye type. I've seen some in the B&H catalogue but one is too big, another mounts via an accessory shoe, and both cost more than I'd like to pay. I 'd like to get them from the same kind of supplier that camera manufacturers get them from. I've checked Reid Supply: no luck. Any ideas? TIA

(I'm retrofitting a Galvin.) Nacio Brown

Bob Salomon
28-Aug-1999, 21:50
Call our Linhof Service Center at 973 808-9626 and you can buy the ones on the Technikardan.

Robert A. Zeichner
28-Aug-1999, 22:30
I've used some small line levels that I've gotten at Home Depot. They can easily be attached to a surface and will do the job. I think you might be better off with one you can lay on the top of the camera rather than the type you would screw down. This way, you can move it around and check the front standard if required.

Tony Brent
29-Aug-1999, 00:07
Try Reid Tool and Supply in Muskegon, Michigan. www.reidtool.com

Jan erala
29-Aug-1999, 11:47
Sinar makes for their cameras small but very accurate levels. I have one attached on the BACK of my field camera BED and an other on the rear side. Works fine, no tilted horizons anymore.

James Chow
29-Aug-1999, 21:43
Toyo also sells these.

fw
30-Aug-1999, 05:20
If you're in Tokyo, go to Tokyu Hands in Shibuya or Shinjuku - they have every possible variety of spirit level, many of which are suitable for view camera use.

Ian Wilson
5-Sep-1999, 01:13
I was talking about this with Christoph Greiner, a German large-format dealer, the other day. He is sourcing spirit levels from Japan - maybe from the same Tokyu Hands department store - he may be able to help you. His e-mail is chr.greiner.photo@t-online.de

Best,

Ian

steve_782
10-Sep-1999, 01:33
Micro Tools is a company specializing in camera repair equipment. Their URL is www.micro-tools.com.