PDA

View Full Version : Cokin filters in new cases

Garry Teeple
31-Jan-2005, 12:58
Has anyone else purchased any Cokin filters lately. I received a replacement graduated red filter because the first was scratched, and it too was scratched. It seems that Cokin has a new box that allows the filter to float around on the side of the case. Both filters were scratched where the two haves of the case meet.

JohanHB
31-Jan-2005, 22:00
A graduated grey was recently purchased and handed over to me in the same manner as you described. Wasn't happy with the presentation either, but found no scratches on the filter. I have it wrapped in thin foam now.

Louie Powell
1-Feb-2005, 04:46
I have a collection of Cokin P filters that came in boxes similar to CD cases. The beauty of those cases is that the filters only touch the case at their edges.

Last fall, I stopped in at Adorama to purchase an additional filter, and found that it came in the two piece cases (one piece clear, the other charcoal gray) similar to the boxes that have traditionally been used in the A line. I can't detect any scratches on the filter, but I can see that they are possible.

Mark Sawyer
15-Sep-2007, 13:51
I'm bumping this thread because I missed it when it first ran. I have several brand new Cokin P filters that are useless due to being scratched up inside their factory cases. A couple I have never used (and never will be able to.)