PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco-Rebirth of the Enduring City

tgtaylor
26-Jun-2015, 21:05
If you find yourself in San Francisco this summer, there's an excellent exhibition of vintage photographs of the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exhibition held in SF that year: “The retrospective begins with a rare panorama made from two daguerreotypes of the San Francisco waterfront before April, 1851. Other 19th century photographs of the early city include views by Carleton Watkins, I. W. Taber, William Henry Jackson and others, dating from the 1870s." Included are several photochromes (i.e., color prints)) by Henry Jackson. The exhibition runs through 29 August. For further information see: http://www.roberttat.com/#current

Thomas

DrTang
27-Jun-2015, 21:20
Ya know... I have a bunch of original circuit camera negatives from the building of.. and the even itself

angusparker
27-Jun-2015, 21:35
Thanks for sharing

Michael Kadillak
29-Jun-2015, 21:12
Awesome. I have two children that now live in San Francisco and the odds are good that I will be there visiting in the next few months. I will check out the exhibits. Last time I was in wine country (last year) I stopped by the Mums vineyard and blew by a God awful digital color disaster (colors that I have have never been privy to in the natural world) to see the Ansel Adams section hidden in the back. It was simply marvelous.