PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika Handles

Wsufans
26-Jun-2015, 10:54
I see on ebay that some of the Technika's have a nice leather handle. It would be nice to put a substantial handle on the top. There appears to be two really nice fittings on the top for such a handle. Has anyone gone there? Any good examples or sources?

Bob Salomon
26-Jun-2015, 11:01
The wrist strap attachments are on the left side of the camera. You are looking at the neck strap attachment points and they will not accept any of the Linhof handles.

Wsufans
26-Jun-2015, 11:09
OK thanks Bob. So are the side handles available or should I visit the shoe/luggage maker and have one made? I can see where a top handle could get in the way of the view finder if attached. I am mainly looking for a better way to handle the camera safely so I don't drop it. My thumbs are a bit arthritic an it is hard to handle the whole closed camera. I really appreciate your input to a newbie.

I work with Rick Denney and he gave me a lesson on view camera operation this week. I learned a lot.

Bob Salomon
26-Jun-2015, 12:27
OK thanks Bob. So are the side handles available or should I visit the shoe/luggage maker and have one made? I can see where a top handle could get in the way of the view finder if attached. I am mainly looking for a better way to handle the camera safely so I don't drop it. My thumbs are a bit arthritic an it is hard to handle the whole closed camera. I really appreciate your input to a newbie.

I work with Rick Denney and he gave me a lesson on view camera operation this week. I learned a lot.
Depends on which handle you want. The one that comes with the camera or the accessory Anatomical Grip with leather strap and cable release.

If you want the standard leather handle you would need it plus it's backing plate and its screws.
They are available from a Linhof dealer for the later 45 models

If you want the left hand Anatomical Grip then new ones are sold complete with its mounting bracket and its screws. They are also available new from Linhof dealers.

If you are buying used then you probably will not get everything needed and, if it is the Anatomical grip may not get one whose mounting plate is still available as they were changed several decades ago. T

Wsufans
26-Jun-2015, 13:32
I have the Anatomical Grip and it is OK if you are hand holding the camera but it takes up space tends to get in my way. I am going to see what I can do to fashion one for the top strap lugs.

Thanks.