PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my 8x10 original design R.H.Phillips and Sons Camera (wood)

zeissphoto@yahoo.com
23-Jun-2015, 15:09
does anyone know what product he used for the chain which moves the front lens board for focusing was made from? Mine is crumbling. I really wanted to have it up and running for the collodion wet plate workshop at my house in a month with a bunch of students. Thank You much for any clues. I live in the same town as R.H.Phillips but he is over 80 and off the grid.

vinny
23-Jun-2015, 16:32
I emailed him last year with a camera question and he got back to me within 48hrs. Do you have the right email address?

Sal Santamaura
23-Jun-2015, 17:18
You can contact Dick by phone at 512-943-9192 or email via rhjb2phil at yahoo dot com. Note that he frequently travels, so phone or email messages might not be answered for a while.

In the meantime, i.e. in case you don't hear back right away, I suggest searching the on-line catalog of McMaster Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#

Dick sourced many parts for his cameras from that supplier over the years, and you might just find exactly what you're looking for.

zeissphoto@yahoo.com
23-Jun-2015, 18:40
I think I do not have the email right, Sal gave me one to try.

zeissphoto@yahoo.com
23-Jun-2015, 18:41
k, will try email first, this is different than the one I tried. Thank you.

William Whitaker
24-Jun-2015, 08:03
It's been several years since I had one of these. But you might try W.M. Berg.