PDA

View Full Version : Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 5.6/180 Lens Cap

sgfphoto
15-Jun-2015, 19:26
Hi there! I have searched far and wide for lens specs to purchase a UV Filter and lens caps for this lens and cannot seem to find the right diameter. Ordered a 58mm UV filter per Schneider specs & it is too small. Any idea on lens diameters so I can purchase caps for the rear & front elements? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

Previously, I used this: https://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/symmar-s/data/1,5,6-180mm.html

It's possible I'm just missing something here...been a while since I ventured into Large Format land.

Kevin Crisp
15-Jun-2015, 19:33
It says 67mm in the link for the front cap.

SMBooth
15-Jun-2015, 19:34
My 180mm Symmar - S is 67 mm just like the spec sheet you posted says. M 67 X 0.75 A front press on cap is 70 mm diameter with 50 mm rear

sgfphoto
15-Jun-2015, 19:40
Excellent, thank you both! I was having trouble translating...photo school is many years in the past at this point. Now just have to figure out the rear. Can you use calipers for this measurement? If so, would you measure outside diameter or try to measure inside?

SMBooth
15-Jun-2015, 19:43
Excellent, thank you both! I was having trouble translating...photo school is many years in the past at this point. Now just have to figure out the rear. Can you use calipers for this measurement? If so, would you measure outside diameter or try to measure inside?

A front press on cap is 70 mm diameter with 50 mm rear

sgfphoto
15-Jun-2015, 19:44
A front press on cap is 70 mm diameter with 50 mm rear

Thank you!!!!!! You would not want to know how long this has taken me to figure out. :/