PDA

View Full Version : Les Objectifs d'artiste, by L. de Pulligny and C. Puyo

Jimmy Mathis
13-Jun-2015, 12:12
Does anyone know of where a PDF/online version of, Les Objectifs d'artiste, by L. de Pulligny and C. Puyo maybe.?

I really would like to read up on and broaden my knowledge of the lenses Pulligny and Puyo designed, they seem to have made some interesting lens. I have read many post here on these lenses, as well a antique and classic cameras website and that has only increased my curiosity of them.

Thanks for any input and/or direction to locate a online version of this book. or more info.

Cheers,
Jimmy

Oren Grad
13-Jun-2015, 12:16
http://www.e-corpus.org/notices/108181/gallery/1222615

Dan Fromm
13-Jun-2015, 12:50
Here http://cnum.cnam.fr/CGI/redire.cgi?8KE464 , in French. Click on the link, then Télécharger ce document au format PDF

Jimmy Mathis
14-Jun-2015, 04:47
Thank You Both for the links!

Steven Tribe
14-Jun-2015, 12:29
Don't miss the adverts on pages 253 and 254 in the first link!

After Darlot closed, there were a number of smaller retailers who continued selling the O d'A under their own name.

There are 3 groups of lenses:

1. various versions of the Pulligny adjustable landscape with 1 or 2 diaphrams.

2. Puyo's large periscope design called O d'A.

3. Trousse sets with standard 30 or 40cm focal length. There two extra lenses which fit at different rear positions. One of these is -ve which allows for an approach to the original Pulligny design. These extra lenses are always clearly marked with an engraved white "T". Trousse sets are often incomplete and the "T" lenses often appear in the ordinary simple O d'A lens in auctions.

Mark Sawyer
14-Jun-2015, 17:19
Does anyone know whether the text has ever been translated into English? I've searched but found nothing but the French text...

Dan Fromm
14-Jun-2015, 18:03
Young's dissertation on soft-focus lenses (download it from https://web.archive.org/web/*/research-repository.st-andrews.ac.uk/handle/10023/505) cites the French, doesn't mention an English translation. Mark, you'll have to learn French or put up with Google Translate.

Mark Sawyer
14-Jun-2015, 18:10
I don't think there's an online version that allows cut-and-paste into Google-translate, Dan. And my French is très mauvais...

Jimmy Mathis
14-Jun-2015, 18:30
Dan, thanks for Young's soft focus link, looks interesting.

Mark, I use a translation app on my iPad, it works kinda well for the most part.... The cool thing with the app is I have a Book on Puyo that is in French and I can use the app to take a photo of the book page and it will translate it. With that said translating French to English is a little sketchy because of the verb/noun structure, you can still get the general idea of what's being said.

russyoung
15-Jun-2015, 08:07
I had sections translated by a professional French translator, about $140/page... she had trouble with it, too.
Russ

Steven Tribe
15-Jun-2015, 08:39
I have done some of the more interesting pages and was less than impressed with the content. More a lengthy account of standard abberations than an aid to O d'A Use. The enclosed photos are poorly reproduced and the images rather dated.