PDA

View Full Version : Black & white filter recommendations for Prague?

Richard M. Coda
10-Jun-2015, 20:51
Hi everyone. I'm going to Prague for a couple of weeks and am taking my 4x5 with me with 75mm, 150mm and 210mm (that's all I could fit in the carry-on bag). I have some room for filters... any recommendations? I typically don't use them that often. Thanks in advance.

Doremus Scudder
10-Jun-2015, 23:32
I shoot a lot in Prague's sister city, Vienna. 99% of my shots are without a filter. On occasion, I'll use a filter to increase separation between lettering and background on a sign, etc. Then, you need a choice of colors to choose the right one. If you're after darkening skies, then yellow and a polarizer would be my first choice. I carry yellow, orange, red, green, blue and a polarizer with me, but, as mentioned, use them only rarely.

One filter I use more than occasionally is a 9-stop neutral-density filter; great for getting rid of pesky pedestrians and moving autos.

Best,

Doremus

andreios
11-Jun-2015, 00:53
One filter I use more than occasionally is a 9-stop neutral-density filter; great for getting rid of pesky pedestrians and moving autos.

Now that is a good idea to try...

Anyway, I don't think you need anything special - take what filters you usually use - or none, if you don't use filters regularly...

Greetings from Prague