PDA

View Full Version : Cable release adpater needed for Linhof recessed board

pau3
10-Jun-2015, 09:45
Hello,

I have 90/5.6 super angulon mounted on a Linhof recessed board. The cable release
adapter is broken and it is no possible to screw a cable release in any decent way.
Currently, I have attached a cable release with glue, but this solution is far from perfect
and fails to work too often.

I would appreciate if someone could point me a source of a cable release adapter for this
type of boards. I would rather prefer to change only the cable release adapter, and not the
whole board, if possible.

Thanks,

Pau

Bob Salomon
10-Jun-2015, 10:06
Any Linhof service center, including the factory in Munich.

tgtaylor
10-Jun-2015, 11:09
There are several adapters available at B&H such as this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233734-REG/Gepe_603006_L_Hook_Adapter.html

I would think that these can also be found in Spain.

Thomas

Louis Pacilla
10-Jun-2015, 11:45
There are several adapters available at B&H such as this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233734-REG/Gepe_603006_L_Hook_Adapter.html

I would think that these can also be found in Spain.

Thomas

While the Gepe L-Hook Metal Cable Release Adapter is very nice to have & use ( I own couple & use them most always) but I find when used on Linhoff Tech recessed lens boards that the elbow is often to long to fit w/ certain lens/shutter combos.
I've found the Gepe 3.25" (8.3 cm) Flexible Cable Release Extension works better for the tight fit of the Tech recessed boards as it can be fitted tighter spaces & it also doesn't rattle around when left on the lens/board permanently when in travel.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233735-REG/Gepe_603007_Cable_Release_Extension_f.html

Jim Andrada
10-Jun-2015, 13:35
I use the flex extension as well. works fine for MOST (not all) lens/shutter combos

Dennis
10-Jun-2015, 16:05
Yes I have a couple of recessed lens boards on linhof shutters right now with the 250 sonnar and both the other dream team lenses and I don't understand that cable release thing. It seems there is no way I can push a standard flexible cable release down in the thing and get it to screw in. I thought I must need a special type of cable release.

Bob Salomon
10-Jun-2015, 16:54
Yes I have a couple of recessed lens boards on linhof shutters right now with the 250 sonnar and both the other dream team lenses and I don't understand that cable release thing. It seems there is no way I can push a standard flexible cable release down in the thing and get it to screw in. I thought I must need a special type of cable release.

You need either the Linhof cable release with the tapered, non-threaded tip or you need the Linhof cable release adapter tip which converts a standard Linhof threaded cable release tip into a non-threaded one.

Jac@stafford.net
10-Jun-2015, 17:10
You need either the Linhof cable release with the tapered, non-threaded tip or you need the Linhof cable release adapter tip which converts a standard Linhof threaded cable release tip into a non-threaded one.

Is either still available?

StoneNYC
10-Jun-2015, 20:24

I find these type to be the most convenient, permanent and easy to deal with.

Bob Salomon
11-Jun-2015, 03:48
Is either still available?

Of course.

pau3
11-Jun-2015, 10:26

I find these type to be the most convenient, permanent and easy to deal with.
This one is what I had in mind. But I don't know where I can get it. Does anybody know?

By the way, thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Pau

StoneNYC
11-Jun-2015, 11:19
Here you go, only a little more than $500

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31360-REG

Bob Salomon
11-Jun-2015, 12:22
Here you go, only a little more than $500

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31360-REG

That is for the 001015 Linhof Comfort recessed lens board. It is not the price for either the cable release or the cable release tip.

Try again!

StoneNYC
11-Jun-2015, 12:29
That is for the 001015 Linhof Comfort recessed lens board. It is not the price for either the cable release or the cable release tip.

Try again!

That doesn't change the fact that it's a ludicrous price Bob. I know you rep them, but c'mon man, at least acknowledge that it's a little silly.

You could buy a lens with the recessed board and that attachment together for less than the single board.

And they don't seem to sell the attachment separately at B&H.

I'm sure some knockoff brand has them for $15 somewhere.

Jac@stafford.net
11-Jun-2015, 13:24
Even the Chinese rip-offs know there is no economical way to make Linhof quality and make the market because market demand is small and quality is expensive. Look at their so-called Linhof boards from the back. They s••ck.

Jac@stafford.net
11-Jun-2015, 13:25
Of course.

Thanks. Ordering next week!

Bob Salomon
11-Jun-2015, 13:26
That doesn't change the fact that it's a ludicrous price Bob. I know you rep them, but c'mon man, at least acknowledge that it's a little silly.

You could buy a lens with the recessed board and that attachment together for less than the single board.

And they don't seem to sell the attachment separately at B&H.

I'm sure some knockoff brand has them for $15 somewhere.

Apparently you don't keep up.

I announced on this forum in Feb. that I was no longer with HP Marketing as that company has been closed and all of our lines were transferred to other companies. Linhof to Omega Satter. So I am not involved at all.

Then I posted that these parts are available from Linhof service centers. Not from camera stores. So naturally you checked a camera store.

Contact Bob Watkins at Precision and he can help you or Rim at Nippon Photo and he can help you. They are the Linhof service centers.

As for that board you are aware, apparently, that it isa recessed board. But are you also aware that unlike every other recessed board all of the shutter's operating controls, aperture selector, aperture scale, press focus, etc. are on the front, non-recessed, face of the board? That is why it is called the Comfort board.

So now why don't you check with the people who can supply these items? If I was looking I would call Bob Watkins.

StoneNYC
11-Jun-2015, 13:49
Apparently you don't keep up.

I announced on this forum in Feb. that I was no longer with HP Marketing as that company has been closed and all of our lines were transferred to other companies. Linhof to Omega Satter. So I am not involved at all.

Then I posted that these parts are available from Linhof service centers. Not from camera stores. So naturally you checked a camera store.

Contact Bob Watkins at Precision and he can help you or Rim at Nippon Photo and he can help you. They are the Linhof service centers.

As for that board you are aware, apparently, that it isa recessed board. But are you also aware that unlike every other recessed board all of the shutter's operating controls, aperture selector, aperture scale, press focus, etc. are on the front, non-recessed, face of the board? That is why it is called the Comfort board.

So now why don't you check with the people who can supply these items? If I was looking I would call Bob Watkins.

Sorry Bob I don't spend as much time here as I used to and only peruse threads about info I'm unsure of, I must have missed it.

Nope you're right I wasn't aware that they had front adjustments, that's convenient and for the Linhof market I can see someone paying for that convenience, I did notice they are recessed MORE than others as well, which is handy.

However I use a Chamonix and even the 8x10 with reducing back can focus much closer than listed distances would have you believe.

I just ordered a reducing board #00 for an old 65mm Angulon f/8 that almost focusses at infinity even with a flat board.

Very exciting!

Once I get a 4x5 Chamonix someday I'll probably get rid of the reducing boards altogether! I'm sure there's a linhof that focusses that close too. I'm glad we still have good people and good products to choose from, I'm sorry if my snarky comment was a poor reflection on my perspective, it's all about the particular market, and sometimes I forget that.

Even the Chinese rip-offs know there is no economical way to make Linhof quality and make the market because market demand is small and quality is expensive. Look at their so-called Linhof boards from the back. They s••ck.

I don't own a linhof, and if I did I would most likely use linhof boards because they are tighter/thinner, and fit better in linhof cameras, I do however own a Chamonix reducing board and for that the linhof boards are horrid, to thin, too much play, the toyo boards are also too thin.

I use brand new center hole cut boards from Shen Hao.

I don't know what you mean by "looking at the back" or in what manner they "suck" it's a piece of metal, it just needs to fit and be light tight and not move.

What about the back side "suck"?

Bob Salomon
11-Jun-2015, 14:09
Sorry Bob I don't spend as much time here as I used to and only peruse threads about info I'm unsure of, I must have missed it.

Nope you're right I wasn't aware that they had front adjustments, that's convenient and for the Linhof market I can see someone paying for that convenience, I did notice they are recessed MORE than others as well, which is handy.

However I use a Chamonix and even the 8x10 with reducing back can focus much closer than listed distances would have you believe.

I just ordered a reducing board #00 for an old 65mm Angulon f/8 that almost focusses at infinity even with a flat board.

Very exciting!

Once I get a 4x5 Chamonix someday I'll probably get rid of the reducing boards altogether! I'm sure there's a linhof that focusses that close too. I'm glad we still have good people and good products to choose from, I'm sorry if my snarky comment was a poor reflection on my perspective, it's all about the particular market, and sometimes I forget that.

I don't own a linhof, and if I did I would most likely use linhof boards because they are tighter/thinner, and fit better in linhof cameras, I do however own a Chamonix reducing board and for that the linhof boards are horrid, to thin, too much play, the toyo boards are also too thin.

I use brand new center hole cut boards from Shen Hao.

I don't know what you mean by "looking at the back" or in what manner they "suck" it's a piece of metal, it just needs to fit and be light tight and not move.

No problem but I am not the one who made the comment about the back of the boards. I would think that they were talking about the casting quality.

Jac@stafford.net
11-Jun-2015, 14:20

The surround seal, fit is lacking. Next month I will likely post the ideal ...whatever... to Linhof board which uses an O-ring seal. One of a kind. But you likely won't spend the $.

StoneNYC
11-Jun-2015, 14:27
The surround seal, fit is lacking. Next month I will likely post the ideal ...whatever... to Linhof board which uses an O-ring seal. One of a kind. But you likely won't spend the $.

I don't use mine underwater, so I'm good!