PDA

View Full Version : Agfa Ansco Universal rise/fall lock

RawheaD
1-Jun-2015, 14:48
[MOVED FROM CLASSIFIEDS]

So I got an Agfa Ansco Universal that was on Ebay. Has a couple holes in the bellows that needs taping but looks fine otherwise; and today I finally fashioned the lens board to take my Sigmar.

One question for you experts: the geared rise/fall is nice BUT there seems to be no way to lock it. With the 2.9kg lens mounted on it, it won't stay at any position except all the way down. Am I doing something wrong??

I was advised that the rise/fall gear knob should be pushed in or pulled out to lock. The rod does slide left and right (i.e., if I push on the right, the left side gets pushed out a little, and vice versa), and it does seem like when in one position, the gears are released (?), but the board still doesn't want to stay put. I can get it to sort of stay, but then it will slip and fall with a little movement. Maybe the locking mechanism is not working?

Wish there was a simple tighten-to-lock mechanism :(

jcoldslabs
1-Jun-2015, 15:52
I had the same problem with really heavy lenses on an old 2D. My solution was to cut a small rectangular block of wood roughly 1" x 2" x 3" that I could wedge under the rising front as a stop. Not as precise as geared rise or fall, but it gives you three height positions to choose from.

Jonathan

RawheaD
1-Jun-2015, 15:53
Wonderful idea :D Thanks!

I had the same problem with really heavy lenses on an old 2D. My solution was to cut a small rectangular block of wood roughly 1" x 2" x 3" that I could wedge under the rising front as a stop. Not as precise as geared rise or fall, but it gives you three height positions to choose from.

Jonathan