PDA

View Full Version : DIY Case

salomons
30-May-2015, 23:18
Recently got a Plaubel 8x10, which I am planning to use on location. Alas no case, so i decided to make one myself from wood.
I am not a carpenter by any means, but with some pre-cut wood and some fiddling, it came out OK.
The thing is so heavy that the handle you can see on the image came off already.

Charles S
website (http://www.charles-s.com)

Toyo
30-May-2015, 23:46
Good job.
I am in the early stages of making a case for my Toyo View 45G and I dimensioned some of the timber on Friday. Might get some more done tomorrow.
Cheers
Tom

Jim Jones
31-May-2015, 05:17
Luggage is a good source of light and sturdy camera cases. Styrofoam or foam rubber provides protection.

Bruce Barlow
31-May-2015, 05:27
Luggage is a good source of light and sturdy camera cases. Styrofoam or foam rubber provides protection.

Look at Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for inexpensive luggage. If there isn't a big investment, it's not a big deal if you don't love it.

mdarnton
31-May-2015, 05:55
Currently one of my 5x7s lives in the Suitcase my father went off to college with in 1936 (and I took to the same place with me in 1967). It's basically a leather-covered wood box, and everything fits perfectly! However, these days I want wheels, so the other 5x7 that goes out more got a rolling hardshell from the luggage shop. It's not perfect, but it's tidy. I haven't figured out the 8x10 problem, though. That camera and two holders fit the roller, but then I have to sling everything else on me in bags. I'm looking for the Tardis of cases (isn't everyone!)

Nice box, Salomons.

Tin Can
31-May-2015, 11:45
I use B&H packing bubbles for hard box cushioning. They use the best, very sturdy bubbles and reusable.

The Container Store has many storage options, you really need to examine an entire store with an open mind.