PDA

View Full Version : Published on Film Shooters Collective

ScottPhotoCo
30-May-2015, 17:46
A short article on formats and my love of film.

http://filmshooterscollective.com/analog-film-photography-blog/purpose-shooting-a-look-at-my-film-format-journey-5-28

:)

Ari
30-May-2015, 18:00
Great stuff, Tim; I had another look at your website recently, and it's very strong.
Thank you for posting this.

DennisD
30-May-2015, 19:19
Hi Tim,

Well done article !
Interesting to hear your progression in formats and cameras as well as your approach.

I've had a renewed appreciation for smaller formats even though large format is my choice whenever possible.
I also believe, as I think you do, that my large format experience benefits and informs my "small format eye" to a great degree.

Good wishes in your work.

Dennis

Jim Becia
30-May-2015, 20:10
Tim,

Thanks also. Enjoyed the article and also finding a new photo blog to check out. Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
30-May-2015, 20:12
Tim, love it! Keeping film alive!!

Peter De Smidt
30-May-2015, 20:25
Great job, Tim!

ScottPhotoCo
1-Jun-2015, 09:41
Great stuff, Tim; I had another look at your website recently, and it's very strong.
Thank you for posting this.

Ari,

That means a lot. Thank you!

ScottPhotoCo
1-Jun-2015, 09:43
Hi Tim,

Well done article !
Interesting to hear your progression in formats and cameras as well as your approach.

I've had a renewed appreciation for smaller formats even though large format is my choice whenever possible.
I also believe, as I think you do, that my large format experience benefits and informs my "small format eye" to a great degree.

Good wishes in your work.

Dennis

Dennis,

I agree, the more types of film and film formats that I learn the more I feel like I can actually set out to MAKE a photograph as I envision it in my head. I think that I love learning almost as much as I love shooting so this journey is a fun one. Thank you for the kind comment.

ScottPhotoCo
1-Jun-2015, 09:45
Tim,

Thanks also. Enjoyed the article and also finding a new photo blog to check out. Jim

Jim,

The Film Shooters Collective group is a great group in general. Not quite as technically minded as some (which is great by me) but they all share a great passion and drive to keep film alive and well. :)

Tim, love it! Keeping film alive!!

Great job, Tim!

Thank you gents!

ghostcount
3-Jun-2015, 17:53
Great article. Thanks for sharing.

John Kasaian
3-Jun-2015, 20:21
neat article!

Salmo22
4-Jun-2015, 06:34
An absolutely terrific article Tim. Your word-smithing is as equally wonderful as your photography. I turn 60 this year and had completely covered to digital several years ago with no intentions of going back to film. Finding your work on flickr (specifically your Hot Rod Reunion album) inspired me to re-embrace film again. Thank you.

ScottPhotoCo
4-Jun-2015, 15:23
Great article. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Randy!

ScottPhotoCo
4-Jun-2015, 15:26
An absolutely terrific article Tim. Your word-smithing is as equally wonderful as your photography. I turn 60 this year and had completely covered to digital several years ago with no intentions of going back to film. Finding your work on flickr (specifically your Hot Rod Reunion album) inspired me to re-embrace film again. Thank you.

Jeff,

Hearing that something that I have created has influenced others in a positive way completely made my day. Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback!

ScottPhotoCo
4-Jun-2015, 23:55
neat article!

Thank you sir!